Translate into English; using the Passive forms of Simple Tenses
Его часто отправляют за границу (abroad).
2. Скоро в нашем городе будет построено метро.
3. Кому дали эту работу?
4. Когда будет переведена эта статья?
5. Вам много задают домашних заданий?
6. Телеграмма была получена только вчера.
Study the following sentences. Translate them into Russian. Make the sentences negative and interrogative.
1. My car is being repaired at the moment.
2. We are being shown a new video film in English now.
3. The director was being interviewed when I came in.
4. When her husband returned home, the supper was being cooked.
5. The home task was being given to us when the bell rang.
6. A lot of questions are still being asked about it.
A. Look out of the window and say what you see. Make up sentences describing what is going on now using the Present Progressive Passive
Pattern: Some car is being washed.
B. Say what you saw on your way to the Institute. Use the Past Progressive Passive
Pattern:The street was being cleaned.
Translate into English using Present and Past Progressive Passive.
1. Не входите и комнату. Её убирают.
2. Какой вопрос обсуждали, когда вы вошли?
3. Ваша работа проверяется, подождите немного.
4. Вас ждут внизу (downstairs.)
5. В нашем городе сейчас строится много новых домов, не так ли?
6. Меня как раз спрашивали, когда прозвенел звонок.
Study the sentences with the Present, Past, Future Perfect Passive. Translate the sentences. Make them negative and interrogative.
1. The boy has just been sent to bed.
2. A new park will have been laid by summer.
3. All the affairs will have been settled before they get married.
4. He said that detailed instructions had been given.
5. The old church has been reconstructed lately.
6. Our luggage had been taken out before the car arrived.
a) What has been changed in this room? Use the Present Perfect Passive
b) What has been done to the various things on the table? Use the Present Perfect Passive
Brian came home last night and found that his flat had been broken into. He made a list for the police describing all the things that had happened. Make up sentences using the Past Perfect Passive.
Pattern: clothes / throw on the floor.
When Brian came home he found that his clothes had been thrown
on the floor.
1. Front door lock / break
2. Mirror /smash
3. Television / steal
4. Money /take
5. Furniture / move
6. Books / remove from the shelves
7. Food / eat
8. Dog / put to sleep
Look at the first picture. Here is a picture of an island as it looks now. The second picture is a plan how it will have been looked by next year. Say what will have been done there by this time. Use the Future Perfect Passive of the verbs: to build, to create, to enlarge, to surround, etc.
Choose the correct form: Active or Passive.
1. This problem will discuss/ will be discussed at the conference.
2. Students have given/ have been given a new pay rise by the government.
3. Walt Disney created/ was created the cartoon character of Mickey Mouse.
4. This firm was established/ established by my father.
5. Many new houses have built/ have been built in our district this year.
6. The test had been written/ had written by the students for the bell rang.
7. The children are being played/ are playing football in the yard.
8. The suit-case had been packed/ had packed by 6 o’clock as the train started/ was started at 7 .
9. The house was very old and it was lived in/ lived in only in summer.
Open the brackets using the right form of the verb in the Passive Voice.
The Loch Ness Monster.
The story of the Loch Ness Monster begins in 1933 when it (to see) for the first time. Since then it (to see) at last once every year and (to photograph) many times. The first photograph (to take) by a local man in November, 1933. On one occasion large brown eyes (to see) and horns (to report) several times. Ears (not to mention) yet.
The monster, however, (not to forget) and probably never (to forget). It is known that it sometimes leaves the loch and few years ago it (to see) running along the main road not far from a cafe. Occasionally two monsters (to see) at the same time. It (not to know) whether they are father and son, husband and wife, or perhaps monster and girl-friend. But the monster and its activities (to consider) still a mystery.
1) The Student . . to translate this article without a dictionary.
a) can b) is able c) must
2) The book . . by the end of September.
a) would been published
b) will have been published
c) will been published
3) Our Teacher ... two foreign languages
a) speaks b) is speaking c) speak
4) She ... him do the job again.
a) did b) made c) make
5) We .. late if the bus doesn't arrive.
a) shall be b) will c) will be
6) ... anything tomorrow morning? - No, I am free.
a) Do you do b) Are you doing c) Will you do
7) I ... tell you something yesterday, but I forgot
a) am going to b) wanted c) was going to
8) Tomorrow we'll have a meeting. What report ... ?
a) will you be doing
b) were you doing
c) do you do
9) I ... two tickets for "The Marriage of Figaro".
a) just bought b) have just bought c) bought just
10) I ... in Moscow before I moved to St. Petersburg.
a) had lived b) lived c) has been living
11) We ... a lot by that time.
a) shall learn b) shall have learned c) have learned
12) I ... English since last December
a) will be learning b) am learning c) have been learning
13) It ... for three hours when I left home.
a) had been raining b) has rained c) rained
14) Alice said that her parents ... in a week
a) will come back b) come back c) would come back
15) Lions ... . to guard the Tower of London up 1781
a) have used b) were used c) are used
1) The children ... left alone. They are too young to look after Themselves.
a) mustn't b) mustn't to be c) shouldn't be
2) The problem ... for three years, but they haven't got any results.
a) has been studied b) has being studied c) was studied
3) Does she ... in London?
a) lives b) lived c) live
4) I heard, you had had an accident. When ... ?
a) it happened b) did it happen c) has it happened
5) If they .. the examination, they will be very happy.
a) pass b) will pass c) have passed
6) The delegation ... tonight.
a) will arrive b) arrive c) is arriving
7) your report when 1 phoned you?
a) Were you preparing b) Did you prepare c) You were preparing
8) I hope, it ... tomorrow.
a) will not rain b) won't be raing c) doesn't rain
9) I've heard about the film but I ... it yet.
a) don't see b) didn't see c) haven't seen
10) She ... hard before she entered the University.
a) had worked b) worked c) has worked
11) I think we the article by Monday.
a) have translated b) shall have translated c) shall translate
12) You ... to your friend on the telephone since I came in.
a) talked b) have been saying c) have been talking
13) I for a long time, when the teacher came into the lab.
a) have been working b) had been working c) worked
14) Tom said that he ...
a) had never been to Disneyland
b) has never been to Disneyland
c) was never in Disneyland
15) Many of Agatha Christie's novels ... into films
a) made b) have made c) have been made
1) You to smoke here.
a) can't b) may not c) are not allowed
2) Our gym ... now
a) is being repaired
b) is been repaired
c) has being repaired
3) You can speak English and French, ... ?
a) isn't it b) don't you c) can't you
4) Someone ... a mistake.
a) did b) made c) was d) make
5) It you go to Paris, you ... . the Eiffel Tower
a) will see b) would see c) see
6) I wonder what my younger brother ... now
a) is doing b) was doing c) does
7) At 5 o'clock all the students ... a meeting.
a) had b) had been having c) were having
8) We ... for you at the library at five tomorrow.
a) shall be waiting b) shall wait c) were waiting
9) Elizabeth II ... the Queen since 1952.
a) was b) has been c) is
10) I ... into the room just before the teacher came in.
a) had run b) ran c) have run
11) I hope the rain ... by the evening.
a) will stop
b) has stopped
c) will have stopped
12) I know you're looking for a job - Yes, I ... for another job for a year.
a) was looking b) looked c) have been looking
13) She ... for three hours when we returned.
a) had been sleeping b) slept c) was sleeping
14) The weather forecast said that it in the afternoon.
a) will rain b) would rain c) will be raining
15) I am not sure who ... president.
a) will be elected b) will be elect c) elect
1) They ... to attend lectures and seminars.
a) are b) must c) should
2) The letter ... tomorrow.
a) will have been posted b) will be post c) will be posted
3) The word "school" ... from Greek.
a) comes b) goes c) take
4) These two countries have begun another round of talks. They ... them last Monday
a) have begun b) began c) were beginning
5) I'll phone you when I ... the news.
a) get b) am getting c) will get
6) Are you still here? Who ... for?
a) do you wait b) are you waiting c) did you wait
7) When we went out, it ... .
a) was raining b) has been raining c) rained
8) She ... at 6 in the morning Don't call her
a) will sleep b) sleep c) will be sleeping
9) ... to Britain? - No, but I'm going to visit it next summer.
a) Did you come b) Have you been c) Were you
10) The engineer ... his experiment before it became dark.
a) had finished b) has finished c) finished
11) We ... the work by Friday.
a) shall do b) shall have done c) have done
12) He ... English ever since he was a little boy.
a) was learning b) learned c) has been learning
13) He felt tired as he ... for several hours.
a) had been working b) was working c) worked
14) She said that the exercise ... very easy.
a) is b) was c) has been
15) Three foreign languages ... at our Institute.
a) teach b) are teaching c) are tought
©2015 megaobuchalka.ru Все права защищены авторами материалов.
Почему 3458 студентов выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы