Упр. 116. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на выделенные словосочетания
1.Iam going to stay at home today. 2. They are going to have a party. 3. We are going to buy a new car. 4. Donna is going to clean the windows. 5. What areyou going to wear at the re-union party? 6. Tim doesn’t like his job. He is going to find a new one. 7. This food is horrible, I’m not going toeat it. 8. My husband and I are going to move to a bigger house. 9. We are not going to surf the Internet every evening. 10. Is shegoing to grow new plants in the garden this summer? 11. Whoare you going to send this card to? 12. Who is going to pay for your education? 13. What time are you going to meet them? 14. The police are going to arrest him.
Упр. 117. Поставьте в нужную форму be going to и глаголы в скобках.
Например: Kate … (take) a taxi.
Kate is going to take a taxi.
1. I … (buy) a new car next month. 2. The children … (visit) their grandparents on Sunday. 3. Helen … (cook) dinner for her friends tomorrow.4.Bob … not … (play) football on Saturday because he has hurt his leg. 5.When … you … (tidy) your bedroom? It’s very messy! 6. … your friend … (travel) to India? 7. Ruth … not … (come) with us. She’s too busy at work. 8. … you … (help) me wash the dishes after dinner? 9.My parents … (go) on holiday in August. 10. I … not … (walk) to school today. I’ll take a bus. 11. Who … (drive) you to Blue Lake next weekend? 12. They … (have) a house-warming party. 13. There is something wrong with Rex, I … (take) him to the vet tomorrow. 14. Amy and Steven are in love. They … (get married).
Упр. 118. Что вот-вот произойдет? Напишите предложения, используя be going to и слова из рамочки.
1.They are playing really well. I think they … . 2. The referee is looking at his watch. He … . 3. I listened to the weather forecast tonight. It … tomorrow. 4. The boys are tired. They … . 5. They’ve invited a lot of people. Their house … . 6. We have a lot to do. It … . 7. I heard yesterday that Sue is in hospital. I … her. 8. The tree is falling! It … that car! 9. She likes children. She … a teacher. 10. Hurry up! It’s nearly 7 o’clock. You … your train.
Упр. 119. Заполните пробелы, используя was/were going to и глаголы в скобках.
1.We … (travel) by train but then we decided to go by car. 2. He … (enter) a college but he changed his mind.3. I … (cross) the road when somebody shouted ‘Stop!’ 4. They … (play) tennis yesterday but it rained all day. 5. I … (phone) Jim, but I decided to write him a letter instead. 6. When I last saw Tim, he … (give up) his job but in the end he decided not to. 7. You … (have) a party last week. Why did you cancel it? 8. Our friends from America … (visit) us last year, but their financial situation changed for the worse. 9. She … (take) part in a risky expedition, but her parents talked her out of it. 10.What was that terrible noise last night? It sounded like a plane … (take off).
Упр. 120. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Simple, Past Simple или Future Simple.
1. I (begin) my work at 9 a.m. every day. 2. I (begin) my work at 9 a.m. yesterday. 3. I (begin) my work at 9 a.m. tomorrow. 4. I (not go) to the disco every day. 5. I (not go) to the disco yesterday. 6.I (not go) to the disco tomorrow. 7. She (buy) every copy of this magazine. 8. She (buy) a new copy of this magazine last week. 9.She (buy) a new copy of this magazine next week. 10. You (listen) to music on your way to the institute? 11. You (listen) to the news yesterday? 12. You (listen) to the new CD tonight? 13. Where he usually (spend) his summer holidays? 14. Where he (spend) his summer holidays last year? 15. Where he (spend) his summer holidays next year?
Упр. 121. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Simple, Past Simple или Future Simple.
1. Jack (play) golf every Thursday afternoon. 2. They (have) bacon and eggs for breakfast yesterday morning. 3. It (be) rainy today. Take an umbrella or you (get) wet. 4.When John (ask) you to marry him? – Two months ago. 5. He (not need) a computer for his work. 6. Where (be) your parents now? – They (leave) for the USA a week ago and they (not return) till September. 7. If you (not tidy) your room, I (not take) you to the party tomorrow. 8. What you (do) last weekend? – We (go) to the country. 9.Your children (have got) a home computer? – No, they…, but they (have got) a computer at school. 10. Who (phone) last night? – Your mother. She (come) to visit you next Sunday.
Упр. 122. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Continuous, Present Simple, Past Simple или Future Simple.
1. Nick (do) his homework every day. 2. Nick (do) his homework now. 3. Nick (do) his homework yesterday. 4. Nick (do) his homework tomorrow. 5. The twins (watch) TV at the moment. 6. Simon usually (spend) the weekends at home. 7. The Prime Minister (not fly) to New York yesterday. 8. Drink your milk or I (not take) you to the Zoo. 9. Look, it (rain) again. - Yes, it (rain) most days at this time of the year. 10.When the meeting (start)? – An hour ago.11.Where he (be) born? 12. What Dad (do) now? – He (work) in the garden. 13.She will speak to Professor Moore as soon as he (be free). 14.You (enjoy) your visit to the circus last night? – Yes, I (have) a great time. 15. My granny usually (watch) the news on TV at 7 o’clock, but today she (watch) that new series.
Упр. 123. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Continuous, Present Simple, Past Simple или Future Simple.
1. My brother always (bring) me a nice present for my birthday. 2. Why Claire (not come) to your party last night? 3. I’m afraid Susan (not be) here for your wedding ceremony. 4. John! Answer the door, please! I (cook) dinner. 5. I (be) sorry, I (miss) your class yesterday, Mr. Brown. 6. In 30 year’s time, I think people (go) on holiday to the moon. 7. How you (make) this soup? It (taste) wonderful. 8. In this picture Jerry (sit) between Alex and Ted. 9. Your father (go) to work by car? 10.If the weather (be) sunny and warm there (be) a lot of people on the beach tomorrow. 11.How often they (go) for picnics last summer? 12. She (study) for her exams at the moment? 13. Where you (get) this nice kitten? – I (find) it in the park. 14. When Bob and Mary (get) married next month, they (move) into their new house. 15.What you (do) last summer? – I (work) in a fast food restaurant.
Употребляется для выражения действия, происхо-дившего в определенный момент в прошлом или в течение определенного периода в прошлом.
She / He / It was studying.
We / You / They were
Washe / she / it studying ?
Werewe / you / they
I was not wasn’t
She / He / It was not wasn’t studying.
We / You / They were not weren’t
Past Continuous используется:
1. Для выражения действий, протекавших в определенный момент в прошлом, который обозначен обстоятельством времени. При этом ни начало, ни конец длительного действия неизвестны.
I was writing a letter at 5 o’clock yesterday. – Вчера в 5 часов я писал письмо.
2. Для выражения действия, протекавшего в определенный момент в прошлом и прерванного другим действием (Past Simple).
He was reading a newspaper when his wife came. – Он читал газету, когда пришла его жена.
3. Для выражения одновременных действий, протекавших в прошлом в один и тот же момент.
As I was talking a shower, mother was cooking breakfast. – В тo время, когда я принимал душ, мама готовила завтрак.
Индикаторы Past Continuous:
while – в то время как
as – в то время, когда
when mother came – когда мама пришла
all day – весь день, целый день
the whole morning – все утро
at…o’clock yesterday evening – вчера в…часов вечера
from six till seven – с шести до семи.
Упр. 124. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на употребление Past Continuous.
1. I met Peter while I was studying at University. 2. When we arrived at the party, my sister was talking to Jack. 3. He was reading a book at that time yesterday. 4. When Don arrived, we were having coffee. 5. Did it start raining when you were walking home? 6. While Henry was walking in the mountains, he saw a bear. 7. The students were not writing anything when the professor arrived. 8. When Margaret opened the door, the phone was ringing. 9. Nick said that his daughter was taking music lessons. 10. He was reading the whole day last Sunday. 11. My brothers were playing computer games the whole evening yesterday. 12. One of the gang broke into the safe while the other was keeping touch. 13.When we arrived at the party, Annie and Pete were dancing. 14. I was payingfor my things when I heard someone call my name. 15.I met my friend while I was doingthe shopping.
Упр. 125. Поставьте предложения в отрицательную форму и задайте вопросы к подчеркнутым словам и выражениям.
1. We were going to the theatre at six o’clock yesterday.
2. Greg was livingin London at that time last year.
3. Danile was playing video games all morning yesterday.
4. I was playing on my computer when it suddenly crashed.
Упр. 126. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Continuous или Past Continuous.
1. I (write) an English exercise now. 2. I (write) an English exercise at this time yesterday. 3. My friends (not do) their homework now. They (play) volley-ball. 4. My friends (not do) their homework at this time yesterday. They (play) football. 5. She (read) the whole evening yesterday. 6. She (not read) now. 7. What you (do) now? – We (have) a dictation. 8. You (have) a dictation at this time yesterday? – No, we (translate) the text. 9. My brother (watch) TV the whole evening yesterday, and now he (watch) TV again. 10. Where are the students? – They (patrol) streets. 11. What’s that smell? Something (burn). 12. Maria looked beautiful last night. She (wear) a lovely velvet skirt. 13. I (not write) a report now. 14. You (play) computer games at the moment? 15. What your brother (do) from eight till nine yesterday?
Упр. 127. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Continuous или Past Continuous.
1. My little sister (sleep) now. 2. My little sister (sleep) at this time yesterday. 3. My sisters (not do) their homework now. They (play) basketball. 4. My sisters (not do) their homework at 7 p.m. yesterday. They (play) basketball. 5. Now she (go) to school. 6. She (not go) to school yesterday, because she was ill. 7. What your mother (do) now? – She (drink) black coffee. 8. You (drink) tea at this time yesterday? – No, I (eat) an apple. 9. My sister is crazy about reading. She (read) the whole evening yesterday, and now she (read) again. 10. Look! My cat (play) with a ball. 11. When I went out into the garden, the sun (shine) and birds (sing) in the trees. 12.Why she (cry) now? 13. Why she (cry) when I saw her yesterday. 14. Holidays abroad (become) increasingly popular nowadays. 15. Dan (talk) on the other phone right now.
Упр. 128. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Past Continuous.
1. When I arrived, Tom (lie) on the sofa and (speak) over the phone. 2. The police caught Dan when he (rob) a shop. 3. He couldn’t speak because he (die) of laugh. 4. “What you (do) between one and two? I phoned you several times.” – “I (play) the piano and heard nothing.” 5. When you rang me yesterday, I (have) a bath. 6. When I got up that morning, the sun (shine) brightly. 7. Somebody stole the money from Dad’s pocket while he (sleep). 8. I (sit) by the window when I heard the noise. 9. It (rain) cats and dogs as I (walk) towards their house. 10. Just as Tom (cross) the street, a car came round the corner. 11. At 6 p.m. yesterday I (wait) for Jennie at the station. 12. On coming up to the house I saw a man who (try) to unlock the door by force. 13. You (have lunch) at that moment yesterday Sunday? 14. What your father (do) the whole evening yesterday? 15. Ivan (take) a shower at that moment and couldn’t answer the phone.
Упр. 129. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Past Continuous или Past Simple.
1. I (play) computer games yesterday. 2. I (play) computer games at 5 p.m. yesterday. 3. What he (do) yesterday? – He (translate) the text. 4. What he (do) the whole evening yesterday? – He (translate) the text. 5. When I came home, my mother (cook). 6. I (not do) my homework yesterday. 7. I (not do) my homework at 4 p.m. yesterday. 8. You (watch) TV last Sunday? 9. You (watch) TV at that time last Sunday? 10. He (read) a book when his mother came into the room. 11. I (not play) hockey at four o’clock yesterday. I (read) a sport magazine. 12. I (be) very busy last summer and I (not visit) my grandparents. 13. Who (invent) the computer? 14. She (sleep) when you came home? 15. Tom and I (play) a game of chess and he (win).
Упр. 130. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Past Continuous или Past Simple.
1. He (play) computer games from two till three yesterday. 2. He (play) computer games the whole evening yesterday. 3. My brother (not play) tennis yesterday. He (play) tennis the day before yesterday. 4. My sister (not play) the piano at four o’clock yesterday. She (play) the piano the whole evening yesterday. 5. My granny (cook) the whole day last Sunday because it was my birthday. 6. We (wash) the floor in our flat yesterday. 7. We (wash) the floor in our flat from three till five yesterday. 8. You (wash) the floor in your flat yesterday? 9. You (wash) the floor in your flat from three till five yesterday? 10. Who (wash) the floor in your flat from three till five yesterday? 11. Who (wash) the floor in your flat yesterday? 12. You (not wash) the floor in your flat from three till five yesterday. 13. You (not wash) the floor in your flat yesterday. 14. Where you (wash) the floor from three till five yesterday? 15. Where you (wash) the floor yesterday?
Упр. 131. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Past Continuous или Past Simple.
1. Last Sunday we (go) skiing in the country. There (be) already a lot of snow in the fields and we (enjoy) ourselves. We (ski) for two hours and a half. 2. They (meet) at the station two hours ago. 3. Where you (spend) last Friday? 4. We (be) in a hurry because only twenty minutes (be) left before the beginning of the performance. 5. I (play) the violin when my friend (come) in. 6. He (invite) me to the theatre and I (accept) the invitation with pleasure. 7. He (ring) up his friend and (ask) him about the homework. 8. When I (come) the the theatre, my friend already (wait) for me. 9. When I (go) to the dentist’s, I (break) my arm. 10. When the teacher (walk) into the classroom, the boys (listen) to pop music and the girls (eat) chips. 11. She (go) to the bank when I (meet) her. She (not go) to the doctor’s. 12. What you (do) when the accident (happen)? – I (walk) out of the hospital. 13. When the thieves (take) his money, he (leave) the bank. 14. When I (go) to the museum, I (see) a big crowd of people in the street. 15. The train (start) at fifteen minutes to ten.
Упр. 132. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Past Continuous или Past Simple.
1. We (work) the whole morning yesterday. 2. They (go) to the wood last Sunday? 3. Mother (finish) cooking dinner at four o’clock. 4. At half past five yesterday we (have dinner) at mother’s home. 5. They (translate) a difficult text yesterday. 6. I (open) the window at six o’clock yesterday. 7. You (go) to the cinema at six o’clock yesterday? 8. I (not see) Mike last week. 9. When I (open) the door, my friends (sit) around the table. 10. When you (begin) doing your homework yesterday? 11. We (discuss) the latest news from three till four yesterday. 12. When I (read) the newspaper yesterday, I (find) an interesting article on UFOs. 13. When you (go) to bed last month? 14. He (not go) to the shop yesterday? 15. He (begin) repairing his bicycle in the morning yesterday.
Упр. 133. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Past Continuous или Past Simple.
I. Steve 1) … (have) an accident yesterday. He 2) … (drive) his car when a bird 3) … (fly) into the windscreen. He 4) … (try) to stop quickly but he 5) … (crash) into a wall. Luckily, he 6) … (not be) hurt.
II.Last week, I 1) … (go) to a talk by a famous writer. He 2) … (talk) about his new book when I 3) … (arrive). He 4) … (give) such an interesting talk that I 5) … (be) disappointed when it 6) … (end).
III. Julie 1) … (tidy) her bedroom last weekend. While she 2) … (tidy) it, she 3) … (find) some of the toys she 4) … (have) when she was a child. She 5) … (not want) to throw them away, so she 6) … (put) them in a box and 7) … (store) them in the attic.
Упр. 134. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Past Continuous или Past Simple.
We (walk) down the street in the direction of Mike’s house, when we (see) him in the window of a bus that (pass) by. He (recorgnize) us, too, but he could not get off as the bus (be) overcrowded. We (be) very sorry that we (have) no chance to speak to him. But we could do nothing and (decide) to go back. At that very moment we (hear) Mike’s voice behind us. “How funny,” he (say), “I (go) to your place when I suddenly (see) you here. I am so glad to see you.”
Упр. 135. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Past Continuous или Past Simple.
The sun (go) down behind the hills when I (reach) a village which (be) only a few miles from the sea. The working day (be) over, and the villagers (come) home from the fields. Along the road two boys (drive) cows and sheep in the direction of the village. I (approach) a group of people standing near the road and (ask) them if I could find a place in the village to spend the night. An old man (say) he would help me. He (take) me to his small cottage at the far end of the street. A fire (burn) in the stove when we (enter) the house. One girl of about eighteen (prepare) supper in the kitchen while two other girls still (do) something in the kitchen garden near the house. The old man (invite) me to have supper with them. They all (seem) to be nice people and we (have) a friendly talk. After supper my new friends and I (go) out into the garden. The moon (shine) high in the sky, and the night (be) warm and beautiful. That evening (be) very pleasant, and I shall remember it a long time.
Упр. 136. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Continuous, Present Simple, Past Simple или Past Continuous.
1. I … (clean) the windows when the telephone … (ring). 2. “What is that noise?”- “James … (repair) his bike at the moment”. 3. He … (read) a book when his mother … (call) him. 4. “… (be) you busy?”- “No, what … (you / want) me to do?” 5. They … (sing) while we … (play) some music. 6. Susan is a nurse. She usually … (work) at night. 7. You (to collect) stamps when you were younger? 8. I (play) on my computer when it suddenly crashed. 9. Angela (not visit) us very often. 10. Mike (drive) to work at the moment. 11. Elizabeth usually (go) to bed at around eleven o’clock. 12. When my dad met my mum, he (work) as a bus driver. 13. I (get) up at six o’clock every morning last week. 14. We (not eat) any meat at the moment as we’re both on a diet. 15. I (do) my homework as soon as I got home from school. 16. One morning I (sit) at my desk when a policeman knocked at my door.
Упр. 137. Исправьте ошибки.
1. Philip was washing the car while the fire started. 2. Neil was studying when his sister was listening to music. 3. Harriet was opening the door and walked into the house. 4. We were having lunch at a lovely restaurant every day when we were on holiday. 5. Brian drank tea at five o’clock yesterday afternoon. 6. Dad was repairing the TV while Mum cooked dinner. 7. I was going to the cinema last Saturday. 8. I was buying a new dress for my party yesterday. 9. While Jeff built the garden shed, he hurt himself. 10. While the teacher were speaking, the students were listening to him. 11. When we were on holiday, we were playing volleyball every day.12. At five o’clock I reading my new book. 13. Let’s go for a walk! It was not raining now. 14. He was putting on his coat and cap, was opening the door and was going out. 15. Run downstairs. Your sister wait for you.
ВРЕМЕНА ГРУППЫ PERFECT
Времена группы Perfect (Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect) употребляются для выражения действия, законченного к определенному моменту в настоящем, прошлом или будущем.
Времена группы Perfect образуются при помощи вспомогательного глагола to have и причастия II смыслового глагола (если глагол правильный, то причастие II образуется при помощи прибавления формы –ed к основе глагола; если глагол неправильный, то причастие II дается в словаре как третья основная форма глагола).
Вспомогательный глагол have является показателем времени, числа, лица, а причастие II является неизменяемой частью.
I. PRESENT PERFECT
I have ‘ve
He / She / It has ‘s finished / left.
We / You / They have ‘ve
Has he / she / it finished / left?
Have we / you / they
I have not / haven’t
He / She / It has not / hasn’t finished / left.
We / You / They have not / haven’t
1. для выражения действий, завершившихся к моменту речи. Время действия, как правило, не имеет значения, так как важен сам фактсовершения действия к настоящему моменту или его результат.
Kim has bought a new mobile phone. – Ким купила новый мобильный телефон.
2. для выражения действий, которые начались в прошлом и продолжаются в настоящем.
He has been a car salesman since 1990. – Он занимается торговлей машин с 1990 года.
3. для выражения действий, которые завершились, но тот период, в который они происходили, еще продолжается и может быть обозначен обстоятельством времени today – сегодня, this week – на этой неделе, this month– в этом месяце и др.
I have seen this film twice this week. – Я дважды видел этот фильм на этой неделе.
Индикаторы Present Perfect:
1. утвердительные предложения
for – I have known them for six years.
Я знаю их в течение шести лет.
since – She has been ill since Monday.
Она болеет с понедельника.
already – We have already eaten our lunch.
Мы уже пообедали.
just – I have just posted the letter.
Я только что отправил письмо.
always – She has always wanted to travel abroad.
Ей всегда хотелось поехать за границу.
recently – He has recently published a book.
Он недавно опубликовал книгу.
1. вопросительные предложения
ever – Have you ever met him?
Вы когда-нибудь с ним встречались?
how long – How long have you lived here?
Как долго вы здесь живете?
yet – Has Pete left yet?
Пит уже ушел?
lately – Have you seen any good films lately?
Смотрели ли вы в последнее время
какие-нибудь хорошие фильмы?
2. отрицательные предложения
for – I haven’t talked to him for days.
Я не разговаривал с ним в течение мно-
since – They haven’t been abroad since 1990.
Они не ездили за границу с 1990.
yet – She hasn’t answered my letter yet.
Она еще не ответила на мое письмо.
lately – I haven’t seen John lately.
В последнее время я не видел Джона.
never – They have never worked abroad.
Они никогда не работали за границей.
II. PAST PERFECT
Употребляется для обозначения действия, которое уже совершилось до определенного момента в прошлом.
1. Этот момент может быть указан обстоятельством времени: by 5 o’clock – к пяти часам, by that time – к тому времени, by the end ofthe year – к концу года, before – до и др.
She had left by the first of June. – Она уехала (еще) до первого июня.
2. Для выражения действия, закончившегося к определенному моменту в прошлом, который может быть обозначен: а) обстоятельством времени; б) другим действием, выраженным глаголом в Past Simple.
They had already gone when I arrived. – Они уже ушли, когда я появился.
He / She / It had ‘d finished / left.
We / You / They
Had he / she / it finished / left?
we / you / they
He / She / It had not hadn’t finished / left.
We / You / They
III. FUTURE PERFECT
Употребляется для обозначения действия, которое завершится к определенному моменту в будущем, который может быть выражен: а) обстоятельством времени с предлогом by (by 5 o’clock – к пяти часам); б) другим будущим действием, выраженным глаголом в Present Simple в придаточном предложении времени и условия с такими союзами, как before– до того как, when – когда.
When we meet next time, I’ll have read this book. – Когда мы встретимся в следующий раз, я уже прочитаю эту книгу.
We will have done this work by the end of the week. – Мы закончим эту работу к концу недели.
He / She / It will have ‘ll have finished / left.
We / You / They
Will he / she / it have finished / left?
we / you / they
He / She / It will not have won’t have finished / left.
We / You / They
Упр. 138. Образуйте Past Simple и Participle II от глаголов, разделив их на две колонки: правильные и неправильные.
To see, to play, to win, to make, to study, to build, to speak, to invite, to walk, to be, to send, to hear, to live, to heat, to climb, to travel, to take.
©2015 megaobuchalka.ru Все права защищены авторами материалов.
Почему 3458 студентов выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы