Упр. 163. Поставьте слова, данные в скобках, на нужное место
1.Newspapers are brought in the morning. (usually) 2.Nina’s homework has done well. (always) 3.I am invited to parties. (sometimes) 4.This song was heard on the radio at that time. (often) 5.Milk products are kept in the fridge. (usually) 6.If something is learnt well, it is not forgotten. (easily) 7.Textbooks are sold in the shop. (seldom) 8.We have been given too much homework. (never) 9.These games are played by little children. (regularly) 10.Is the Chinese taught at schools? (usually) 11.Was this book read by law students? (often) 12.Has this game been played in the open air? (ever) 13.In what cases are people taken to hospital? (usually) 14.Were you invited to the theater by your friend? (often) 15.How many questions are asked at the exam? (usually) 16.Will her letters be sent by airmail? (sometimes)
Упр. 164. Задайте общие вопросы.
1.This game is often played by little children. 2.The letter was written two years ago. 3.These toys were left here by my younger brother. 4.Everything is always explained to them very clearly. 5.This name was given to the child by his grandfather. 6.The texts were translated from English into Russian. 7.These books are seldom read now. 8.This picture was painted by an unknown French artist. 9.Historical dates are not easily remembered. 10.His visit was not at all expected. 11.These problems were not even discussed. 12.A lot of questions were answered at the exam. 13.The new textbooks will be published before September. 14. They will be given the information tomorrow. 15. A new college will be built in this square next year. 16.All his friends will be invited to his birthday party.
Упр. 165. Задайте вопросы, начинающиеся со слов By whom.
1.The parts of Romeo and Juliet were played by very young actors. 2. Old bombs are sometimes found in the woods by children. 3.Many beautiful houses in St. Petersburg were built by Rastrelli. 4.The horse was finally sold by its owner. 5.Many wild animals in Africa are killed by hunters. 6.All the milk was drunk by the kittens. 7.Not all the books were returned to the library by our students. 8.Our car is usually driven by my father. 9.The rooms were prepared for the guests by our mother. 10.My bicycle was broken to pieces by my younger brother. 11.The new novel will be published by this author next September. 12.These mistakes will be corrected by my group-mates very soon. 13.The clothes will be washed by my granny. 14.These letters will be typed by the secretary tomorrow.
Упр. 166. Выберите правильный вариант.
1. The prime minister was/has criticized for his recent actions. 2. When I walked past the Wilson’s house, their new sofa was/has being delivered. 3. Our teacher was/has told us to take our favourite book at school tomorrow. 4. I think my mobile was/has been stolen. 5. Jonathan was/ has chosen to play the leading role in the school play. 6. The picture was/has probably taken during the winter. 7. Your essays must be/have handed in on Friday morning. 8. Someone was/ has left their wallet on the floor. 9. Did you hear about the bank being/having robbed? 10. Treasure Island was/haswritten by Robert Louis Stevenson. 11. Was/Has your ticket for the concert tomorrow paid for by you or your parents? 12. When we got to the airport, we learned that our flight was/has been delayed. 13. The Vikings had visited America before it was/has discovered by Columbus.
Упр. 167. Заполните пропуски соответствующей формой глагола to be.
1. They … sent to prison for 7 years. 2. $ 10,000 … stolen from a bank in High Street. 3. My family live in Scotland but I … educated in France. 4. Where … you … sent by your company next year? 5. A computer … used to do that job nowadays. 6. The flowers … watered regularly. 7. The Houses of Parliament … built in the nineteenth century. 8. How many people … hurt in the train crash last Monday? 9. Champagne … produced in France. 10. Our post … delivered twice a day. 11. The box of fruit … sent to us next week. 12. The Olympic Games … held once in four years. 13. I … born in a small Russian town not far from Samara. 14. The potato … brought to Europe by Sir Walter Raleigh. 15. The best pizzas … made by the Italians. 16. The pyramids … made of stone.
Упр. 168. Заполните пропуски соответствующей формой глагола to be.
1. My neighbour is very proud of her new grandson who … born last week. 2. Children under the age of seven … not allowed in this pool. 3. Chinese … spoken in Singapore. 4. The window … broken if the wind blows. 5. What languages … spoken in Canada? 6. The new hospital … opened next year. 7. Passengers … asked not to speak to the driver. 8. The village church … burnt down last year. 9. The telephone … invented by Alexander Bell in 1876. 10.The Louvre … visited by millions of tourists this year. 11. The Eiffel Tower … built as a memorial to the French Revolution. 12. A boy … arrested in town yesterday for stealing a mobile phone. 13. Your pizza … delivered in forty minutes. 14. Bananas … grown in tropical areas. 15. Many accidents … caused by dangerous driving.
Упр. 169. Составьте предложения по образцу, используя Present Simple Passive.
Например: English / speak / Australia.
English is spoken in Australia.
1. Volkswagen cars / make / Germany. 2. Coca Cola / produce / the USA. 3. Coffee / grow / Brazil. 4. Beer / produce / Germany. 5. Snails / eat / France. 6. A lot of foreign cars / import / Europe. 7. Champagne / make / France. 8. A lot of foreign cars / import / Europe. 9. French / speak / France. 10. The best cameras / make / Japan. 11.Japanese / speak / Japan. 12. Chinese /speak / China. 13. Oranges / grow / tropical areas. 14. Spanish / speak / Spain. 15. Wine / make / different countries, and no two wines ever taste the same.
Упр. 170. Составьте предложения по образцу, используя Past Simple Passive.
Например: the telephone / invent / Alexander Graham Bell / in 1876.
The telephone was invented by Alexander Graham Bell in 1876.
1. Nylon / invent / Julian Hill / in the early 1930s. 2. “Oliver Twist” / write / Charles Dickens. 3. The “Mona Lisa” / paint / Leonardo da Vinci. 4. The Eiffel Tower / build / Gustave Eiffel. 5. “Carmen” / compose / Georges Bizet. 6. “Jurassic Park” / direct / Steven Spielberg. 7. Alexandria / found / Alexander the Great. 8. America / discover / Christopher Columbus. 9. Coca Cola / invent / Dr. John Pemberton / 1886. 10. Moscow / found / Juri Dolgoruki / 1147. 11. Gunpowder / invent / the Chinese. 12. The first feature-length comedy film / create / Charlie Chaplin. 13. St. Petersburg / found / Peter I in 1703. 14. The transistor / invent / in 1948.
Упр. 171. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present, Past или Future Simple Passive.
1. Bread (eat) every day. 2. Many houses (build) in our town every year. 3. Many interesting games always (play) at our PT lessons. 4. Hockey (play) in winter. 5. The letter (receive) yesterday. 6. I (ask) at the lesson yesterday. 7. I (give) a very interesting book at the library last Friday. 8. These trees (plant) last autumn. 9. My question (answer) yesterday. 10. The Old Man and the Sea (write) by Ernest Hemingway. 11. This work (do) tomorrow. 12. His new book (finish) next year. 13. His office (clean) in a day. 14. We (wake) up by a loud noise last night. 15. A cinema is a place where films (show). 16. Winter (follow) by spring. 17. The article (publish) last week if I am not mistaken. 18. A taxi (call) fifteen minutes ago, so we are expecting it any moment. 19. Sarah is very ill. She (take) to hospital last night. 20.“Why is Paul afraid of dogs?” – “He (bite) a dog when he was a little boy.” 21.“ Have they caught the thieves yet?” – “Yes. Two men (arrest) yesterday.”
Упр. 172. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present, Past или Future Simple Passive.
1. Nick (send) to Moscow next week. 2. This text (translate) at the previous lesson. 3. This bone (give) to my dog tomorrow. 4. Mushrooms (gather) in autumn. 5. Many houses (burn) during the Great Fire of London. 6. Flowers (sell) in shops and in the streets. 7. This museum (build) in 1960. 8. Paper (make) from wood. 9. It (repair) next Monday. 10. President John F. Kennedy (assassinate) in Dallas in 1963. 11. 10,000 cars (produce) next year. 12. Two pictures (steal) from the museum last night. 13. Most of the Earth’s surface (cover) by water. 14. A decision (not make) until the next meeting. 15. I (not invite) often to parties. 16. Ann’s bicycle (break) last week. 17. At the last competition the first prize (win) by our team. 18. Soon he (invite) to a birthday party. 19. The book (discuss) at the next conference. 20. Our group leader (tell) to prepare a speech yesterday.
©2015 megaobuchalka.ru Все права защищены авторами материалов.
Почему 3458 студентов выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы