Translate the sentences into Russian.
1. I don’t know the girl sitting in the corner.
2. knowing English well. He translated the text without a dictionary.
3. He sat in the arm-chair reading a book.
4. Having finished the translation he typed it.
5. The student being asked now is Borisov.
6. The answer received from him greatly surprised me.
7. Given the book only yesterday he was not able to read it.
8. The glass is broken.
Use different forms of Participles as an attribute.
Model: The boy who is standing by the window is my brother.
The boy standing at the window is my brother.
1. The man who is smoking a cigarette is my father.
2. I picked up the letter which was lying on the floor.
3. The house which is being built in our street is a new theatre.
4. The problem which is being discussed now is very important.
5. We read the article which was written in English.
6. The film which is so much spoken about is very interesting.
7. We were watching the boys who were playing hockey.
Use different forms of Participles as an adverbial modifier.
Model:When he was asking me about it, he smiled.
Asking me about it he smiled.
1. When I was going to the University I met a friend of mine.
2. When the boy was running home he lost one of his mittens.
3. He hadn't received the answer to his letter, so he sent a telegram.
4. She was sitting on the sofa and reading the book.
5. As I had lost the key I couldn't open the door.
6. As he had lived in the town all his life he knew it very well.
7. If you ask her she will tell you a lot of interesting things about her life abroad.
Change the sentences so as to use the Present Participle Passive as an attribute.
Model: The lecture which is being delivered now is very interesting.
The lecture being delivered now is very interesting.
1. The boy who is being examined now by the doctor is my son.
2. The house which is being built in our street is a new theatre.
3. The problem which is being discussed now is very important.
4. We didn't like the film which was being shown to us.
5. The text which was being translated by us was very difficult
Change the sentences so as to use the Past Participle as an attribute.
Mo d e 1: I noticed the book which was left on the table.
I noticed the book left on the table.
1. He brought the documents which were signed by the manager.
2. We read the article which was written in English.
3. The letter which was sent by you arrived in time.
4. He couldn't answer the question which was asked by the teacher.
5. The doctor who was sent for lived in the next house.
Change the complex sentences into simple ones using the Objective Participial Construction.
Mo d e 1:I saw the children as they were running
I saw the children running
1. I saw as he was working in the garden.
2. I noticed that they were waiting for somebody.
3. I heard as he was coming up the stairs.
4. The man watched as the children were playing hockey.
5. He watched as they were swimming across the river.
Use the absolute Participial Construction in the subordinate clause.
Mo d e 1:As my mother was ill I couldn’t go to the concert.
My mother being ill, I couldn’t go to the concert.
1. When the work was over everybody went home.
2. As it was Sunday the shops were closed.
3. As it was very dark I could nothing there.
4. As the weather was fine they went for a walk.
5. When the experiment had been carried out they started new investigation.
Герундий — это неличная форма глагола, соединяющая в себе свойства существительного и глагола. В этом отношении герундий сходен с инфинитивом, но отличается от него тем, что передает оттенок процесса действия.
В русском языке нет формы, соответствующей английскому герундию.
Формы герундия совпадают с формами причастия.
ФУНКЦИИ ГЕРУНДИЯ В ПРЕДЛОЖЕНИИ И СПОСОБЫ ЕГО ПЕРЕВОДА НА РУССКИЙ ЯЗЫК
©2015 megaobuchalka.ru Все права защищены авторами материалов.
Почему 3458 студентов выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы