TEXT 2 MARKETING METHODS AND ADVERTISING
1. Before selling the goods, you must do a lot of market research first. The information needed can be obtained from Russian embassies, consulates, and trade representations, from the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and from the All-Russian Institute for Scientific Market Research, from trade associations and trade journals or from specialized consultant companies (who will do a professional market research job for you for a fee).
2. The information you are interested in is if there is any demand for your goods, what the market potential is, what sort of competition you will meet, i.e. how the price of your goods compares with other competitive products including those produced locally, local conditions and preference, local trading customs and habits, what seasonal factors should be taken into account and the like.
3. But in general marketing covers not only market research, but also planning the selection (assortment) of goods, and consequently the production itself, price policy, advertising and promotion of sales, controlling the sales and post-sales servicing.
4. So marketing is a system of running all the business activities of a company in respect of coordinating supply and demand for the goods produced. Originally marketing was meant to help avoid over-production in advanced capitalist countries.
5. Advertising is an important means of promoting the goods that are being produced already as well as new lines in business.
6. There are specialized firms dealing with advertising. In this country it is V/O "Vneshtorgreklama". Different kinds of mass media - TV, radio, newspapers, cinema, journals, magazines, posters, -are used for advertising goods. Special leaflets, booklets and other printed matter about the goods may be published for the same purpose. Participation in fairs and exhibitions helps promote our goods as well. Also, special advertising conferences may be held. The choice of media for advertising depends on the kind or goods and on the local conditions and people's habits.
2. Найти в правой колонке русские эквиваленты английских слов и словосочетаний:
Прочитайте текст «Marketing Methods and Advertising» и выполните следующие за ним упражнения.
Переведите на русский язык в письменной форме абзацы № 1, 2, 3, 4.
5. Найдите ответы на следующие вопросы и напишите их в той последовательности, в которой заданы вопросы.
1) Where can you obtain information necessary for doing market research?
2) What sort of information do you need for this purpose?
3) What activities does marketing include?
4) What was the main purpose of marketing in advanced capitalist countries originally?
5) How may the goods be advertised?
a) Product planning, production, price policy, advertising, promotion of sales, controlling the sales, post-sales servicing.
b) Different kinds of mass media are used for advertising goods. Special leaflets, booklets and other printed matter may be published. Fairs and exhibitions help promote our goods.
c) The demand for goods, market potential, sort of competition, local conditions and preferences.
d) From Russian Embassies, consulates, trade representations, from the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, from trade associations and trade journals, from specialized consultant companies.
e) To avoid overproduction.
6. Подберите английские эквиваленты к следующим русским словосочетаниям:
Контрольная работа № 4.
Вариант № 3.
1. Перевести интернационализмы:
method, association, firm, ministry, company, economy, agency, auction, tender, import, export, product, souvenir, plastics, gas, construction, factory, agent.
©2015-2020 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. (1549)
Почему 1285321 студент выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы