METHODS OF FOREIGN TRADE
1. Foreign trade in the Russian Federation may successfully be carried on direct between Russian enterprises and foreign firms and indirect through middlemen:
1) through associations (objedinenijes) and firms of the Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations
2) through foreign agency firms and
3) through joint Russian-foreign companies abroad. Apart from this it may be carried on at Commodity Exchanges, at auctions, fairs and by tenders.
2. Nowadays in accordance with the policy of restructuring over 2,000 manufacturing enterprises have the right to sign contracts with foreign companies direct through their own import-export departments. Also, joint enterprises are being set up to manufacture products for sale in this country and in third countries (for example a joint venture of the Russia and Yugoslavia to produce consumer goods and souvenirs from plastics set up in 1988, "Lenwest", a Russian-German joint venture for the production of footwear or "Tatoilgas", also Russian-German; "Hightech", a Russian-American joint venture set up in 1998 and many others.
3. Manufacturers may choose to deal in their goods through intermediaries. It often depends on the kind of merchandise and market available.
The associations (objedenenijes) of the Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations still deal in raw materials such as oil, gas, ores and some foodstuffs and consumer goods, as well as carry out all kinds of construction work (joint ventures at home and turn-key factories and works abroad).
4. When new markets are to be gained, it may be advantageous to use the services of foreign agents who have a long experience of trading and know the markets in their countries better.
The manufacturing works may set up joint-stock companies in foreign countries and deal in their goods through them. The advantages of this method of trade are the following:
1) They know the market and market fluctuations better.
2) They have their own warehouses in their countries.
3) They may always have the goods and spare parts in stock.
4) They often have facilities to process the goods additionally if necessary, to sort them out and pack.
5) They have a wide well-established marketing network.
2. Найдите в правой колонке русские эквиваленты английских слов и словосочетаний:
Прочитайте текст «Methods of Foreign Trade» и выполните следующие за ним упражнения.
Переведите на русский язык в письменной форме абзацы 1, 3, 4.
5. Найдите ответы на следующие вопросы и напишите их в той последовательности, в которой заданы вопросы.
1) How may foreign trade in this country be carried on?
2) What intermediaries do you know?
3) What other methods of foreign trade do you know?
4) What does the choice of the method of trade depend on?
5) Why is trading through agents advantageous?
a) On the kind of merchandise and market available.
b) They have a long experience of trading and know the markets in their countries better.
c) This activity may be done directly between national enterprises and foreign firms and indirectly through intermediaries.
d) Foreign trade may be carried on at commodity Exchanges, at auctions, fairs and by tenders.
e) Foreign economic associations and firms, agency firms and joint ventures abroad.
Подберите английские эквиваленты к следующим русским словам и словосочетаниям.
Контрольная работа № 4.
Вариант № 4.
1. Перевести интернационализмы:
Auction, tender, accurately, practically, standard, contract, metal, role, physical, speculation, international.
©2015-2020 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. (840)
Почему 1285321 студент выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы