TEST 2 (Units III, IV)
I. Определите видовременную форму и залог сказуемого.
1. The government has banned the use of firearms.
2. The investigation came to the conclusion that the man had drowned.
3. By the time I qualify, I will have been studying law for six years.
4. She gave a description of the car that had been stolen.
5. Was Ann working there when that big robbery took place?
6. The talks are being held at the present moment.
II. Выберите глагол-сказуемое.
1. The police searched the area where the suspect … before.
2. By the time he was 35, he …already …a Cabinet minister.
3. When she arrived, the defendant … by the prosecuting counsel.
4. The committee … the bill since Monday.
5. By next month we … paying for the car.
6. The agreement … in the presence of two witnesses at the moment.
7. I … never … any affairs with a man called Smith.
III. Найдите предложения, в которых нет грамматической ошиб-
Ки. Исправьте ошибки в остальных предложениях.
1. After the accident the hospital had to call for volunteer blood donors.
2. How long has this man been staying in jail?
3. The witness who had been seeing the accident was examined by
4. He have decided to make his career as a lawyer.
5. He couldn't escaped by this window because it is barred.
6. Ought we to help them?
IV. Составьте предложения из данных слов:
1) law, been, by, Roman, the, world, of, Law, has, the, influenced.
2) you, his, should, steal, idea, not.
3) what, three, he, doing, for, hours, there, has, been?
4) important, it, age, is, criminal, the, of, that, the, is.
5) the, understand, I, less, discuss, the, this, we, more, it.
6) either, Brown, or, has, lie, his, under, a, wife, told, oath, Mr.
V. Заполните пропуск словом, образованным от слова в правой
1. It is terrible that there are so many … people. home
2. The stolen picture has been moved out of the country … . legal
3. An … action ought to be punished. law
4. She thought she was … criticized. fair
5. Bob is so … . He can’t wait for the right opportunity. patient
6. He searched for a … reply so as not to offend the girl. diplomat
VI. Выберите подходящее по смыслу пропущенное слово.
1. Contract law enforces … that have been set out in parties agreement.
2. The court considered Mr. Rowen's rude actions which had caused
emotional … of the plaintiff.
3. If even a crime is … against an individual, it is considered to harm
the well-being of society in general.
4. Many systems allow a … citizen to make a complaint against another
5. In English law the prosecution must prove the … of the accused
“beyond reasonable doubt”.
©2015-2020 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. (947)
Почему 1285321 студент выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы