A Family Affair - Вenetton
1. Benetton Group is a global brand, based in Treviso, Italy. The name comes from the Вenetton family who built probably the most remarkable family venture of the late 20th century. The Вenetton clothing line was created by three brothers and their sister in a small knitting shop in Ponzano Veneto, Italy. When their father died, the eldest, Luciano, left school to work in a clothing store in order to support his mother, a sister, and two younger brothers.
2. In the mid-1950s Guiliana Вenetton made her elder brother Luciano a multi-coloured pullover. The colours were more exciting than the ones normally used in men’s sweaters at that time. Luciano, who was then twenty and had worked as a men’s clothing salesman in Treviso, realized his 17-year-old sister’s talent. The two siblings sold their bicycle and accordion and scraped together enough cash to buy their first second-hand knitting machine in 1955. And so Вenetton was born. The bright colours in which the original sweater was knitted became its trademark.
3. In 1965 the Вenetton company was formed as a partnership with Luciano as Chairman, his brother Guilberto in charge of administration, their younger brother running production, and Guiliana as chief designer. The firm’s success depends on a family structure which is now rare in Italy and the rest of Europe. Six of their eleven children also work in the company. However, Luciano has also come to include friends and colleagues in the business once they have demonstrated a solid commitment to the firm, which is why he is unconcerned about the group’s future.
4. The Вenetton Group produces over 110 million garments every year, over 90 per cent in Europe. The Italian multinational company has become one of the world’s biggest suppliers of casual clothes. It is a corporation which has now diversified into banking, supermarkets, sporting equipment, restaurants and Formula One cars.
VII. Определите, являются ли приведенные ниже утверждения (1, 2, 3):
A) истинными (true)
B) ложными (false)
C) в тексте нет информации (no information)
1. The Вenetton Group produces over 110 million garments every year, 90 per cent in Italy.
2. There are few family businesses like Вenetton in Italy and the rest of Europe nowadays.
3. Carlo, the youngest, supervises the sheep ranches in Patagonia.
Занесите свои ответы в таблицу:
VIII. Прочитайте абзац 1 и ответьте письменно на следующий вопрос:
Where was the Вenetton clothing line created?
I. Переведите письменно существительные (1-10).
Выберите определения (a-j), соответствующие этим существительным:
1. offer a) a company or business, especially one which is quite
2. firm b) an amount of money paid to a professional person or
organization for their services
3. purchase c) money that one person, organization, country etc owes
4. refund d) a statement that you are willing to give someone
something or do something for them
5. fee e) the act of buying something
6. loan f) money borrowed from a bank, person etc
7. debt g) a sum of money that is given back to you
8. corporation h) a person, team, company that is competing with
9. costs i) a large company or group of companies acting together as a single organization
10. competitor j) the money that a business or an individual must
Занесите свои ответы в таблицу:
II. В следующих предложениях подчеркните определения, выраженные
Именем существительным, и переведите эти предложения на русский язык.
1. Exchange rates are determined by supply and demand.
2. Only about 5% of the world’s currency transactions are related to trade.
3. The stock price will immediately rise.
III. а) Выполните КОПР № 2,4.
B) В следующих предложениях подчеркните глагол-сказуемое,
Определите его видовременную форму и залог. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Rents will be sufficient to cover costs.
2. Successful companies are becoming market driven, adapting their
products to fit customers’ requests.
3. These measures were designed to strengthen the company’s market position.
IV. В следующих предложениях подчеркните модальный глагол или
Его эквивалент. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Delays in construction could increase costs significantly.
2. The carrier may exercise a lien on the cargo for the unpaid freight.
3. Managers have to measure the performance of their staff.
V. В следующих предложениях подчеркните Рarticiple I и Рarticiple II.
Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Workers have to be closely supervised and controlled, and told what to do.
2. The electricity bill may be paid in cash or by cheque.
3. The price of shares has risen heavily today.
VI. Прочитайте и устно переведите на русский язык весь текст. Перепишите и письменно переведите абзацы 2, 3.
1.Advertising informs consumers about the existence and benefits of products and services, and persuades to buy them. Most companies use advertising agencies to produce their advertising. They give the agency a statement of the objectives of the advertising campaign and a budget. The agency creates advertisements (or ads), and develops a media plan specifying which media – newspapers, magazines, the Internet, radio, television, cinema, posters, mail, etc. – will be used and in which proportions.
2. It is always difficult to know how much to spend on advertising. Increased ad spending can increase sales, but many companies just spend a fixed percentage of current sales revenue, or simply spend as much as their competitors. On the other hand, lots of creative and expensive advertising campaigns, including television commercials that lots of people see and remember, and which win prizes awarded by the advertising industry for the best ads, don’t lead to increased sales.
3. Advertising is considered to be important for launching new consumer products. Combined with sales promotions such as free samples, price reductions and competitions, advertising may generate the initial trial of a new product. But traditional advertising is expensive, it doesn’t always reach the target customers. This is why the best form of advertising has always been word-of-mouth advertising: people telling their friends about good products and services.
VII. Определите, является ли утверждение:
A) истинным ( true )
B) ложным ( false )
©2015-2020 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. (800)
Почему 1285321 студент выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы