Task 3. Complete the sentences with words from task 2
Task 4. False or true?Correct, if it is necessary.
1) A man is what he sees.
2) Food is our fuel.
3) Fast food, snacks, junk food us energy, helps us to grow, resist disease and form strong teeth and bones.
4) Snacks are very important for our health.
5) Scurvy is caused by a lack of vitamin C, which is found in fruit and vegetables.
6) Fruit, vegetables, milk, and cheese are better than others in helping make strong ...
7) Meats, eggs, fish, and poultry are better than others in helping keep ..., teeth, skin, and body healthy.
8) Carrots are good for eyes.
9) Nowadays it may be easy to follow a healthy diet.
Task 5. Complete the sentences.
1) There is a ring of ... in a well-known saying: “A man is what he eats".
2) ... is our fuel because it gives us energy, helps us to grow, resist disease and form strong teeth and bones.
3) Fresh fruit and vegetables are very important for our...
4) Scurvy is caused by a ... of vitamin C, which is found in fruit and vegetables.
5) Meats, eggs, fish, and poultry are better than others in helping make strong ...
6) Fruit, vegetables, milk, and cheese are better than others in helping keep ..., teeth, skin, and body healthy.
7) Carrots are good for eyes.
8) The Japanese particularly like ... fish.
9) But nowadays it may be difficult to follow a ... diet.
Task 6. Ask your friend about energy for healthy live. Use Task 1.
What Should a Man Eat?
well-known scientist important eat
harm weight formula height
minus burn up vitamin
microelement substance quantity
per day replacement culinary tricks
useless berry combine
fat harmful treacherous
calorie per gram pure form
quite enough valuable
fight sclerosis sugar
bread brain conflicting opinions
worry about conditions intake
A well-known Soviet scientist and doctor Nikolai Amosov presents his ideas on what a man should eat.
First: It is important how much to eat rather than what to eat.
The harm of any product is not great if the body weight is correct. The formula: weight = height minus 100 (in kg and sm). If this is combined with physical exercises it is still better: everything will burn up.
Secondly: The great role of vitamins, microelements and other biologically active substances. They can be taken only from fresh fruit and vegetables and cannot be replaced by anything else except raw meat and fish. How large should the intake of these components be? The minimum quantity must be 300 grams per day or even 500 grams if not a kilogram. Different types of fruit and vegetables must be eaten. Replacement of raw vegetables by cooked ones is not the same. All culinary tricks to preserve the vitamins arc useless. Man must get used to salted and fresh vegetables. Fruit and berries are also good but it is better to combine them with vegetables.
Third: Are fats harmful or not? I think that they are treacherous rather than harmful since they have too many calories - nine per gram. The idea that fats should be eaten in their pure form is not true because man may get them from meat, milk, and even bread. This is quite enough. I repeat, man should not look for some specially valuable fats if he wants to fight sclerosis.
Fourth: What about sugar? And bread? "Sugar is needed for the brain", "Sugar leads to sclerosis." One may often hear such conflicting opinions. There is nothing to worry about as long as the main conditions are observed: weight, intake of raw vegetables and fruit.
Task 1. Answer the questions.
l) What is the formula of ideal body weight?
2) Which is more important - what to eat or how much to eat?
3) Why are physical exercises important?
4) Where should the vitamins and microelements be taken from?
5) What is the scientist's opinion on man's intake norm of fruit cll1d vegetables per day?
6) Why does the scientist call fats treacherous?
7) From what food products can man get fats?
8) What can help man fight sclerosis?
Task 2. Give Russian equivalents:
well-known scientist, important, eat, harm, weight formula, height, minus, burn up, vitamin, microelement, substance, quantity, per day, replacement, culinary tricks, useless, berry, combine, fat, harmful, treacherous, calorie, per gram, pure form, quite, enough, valuable, fight, sclerosis, sugar, bread, brain, conflicting opinions, worry about, conditions, observe, intake.
Task 3. Complete the sentences with words from task 2.
Task 4. False or true?Correct, if it is necessary.
1) It is not important how much to eat and what to eat.
2) The harm of any product is not great if the body weight is correct.
3) The formula: weight = height minus 100 (in kg and sm).
4) Vitamins, microelements and other biologically active substances can be taken only from fresh fruit and vegetables.
5) Vitamins, microelements and other biologically active substances can be replaced by raw meat and fish.
6) Replacement of raw vegetables by cooked ones is the same.
7) Fats are treacherous rather than harmful since they have too many calories - nine per gram.
8) Man may get fats from meat, milk, and even bread.
9) Sugar is needed for the brain.
©2015-2020 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. (775)
Почему 1285321 студент выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы