Упр. 173. Выберите соответствующую форму глагола из скобок
1. The porter will (bring, be brought) your luggage to your room. 2. Your luggage will (bring, be brought) up in the lift. 3. You may (leave, be left) your hat and coat in the cloak-room downstairs. 4. They can (leave, be left) the key with the clerk downstairs. 5. From the station they will (take, be taken) straight to the hotel. 6. Tomorrow he will (take, be taken) them to the Russian Museum. 7. At the station they will (meet, be met) by a man from the travel bureau. 8. She will (meet, be met) them in the hall upstairs. 9. The room will (be cleaned, clean) later. 10. The situation is serious. Something must (do, be done) before it’s too late. 11. A mystery is something that can’t (explain, be explained). 12. The music is so loud that can (hear, be heard) from a long way away. 13. Your mistakes must (pay, be paid) attention to. 14. A new ring road is going to (built, be built) next year. 15. Even the tallest trees can (climb, be climbed) by the monkeys. 16. You can (rely, be relied) on your guide’s experience. 17. You should (send, be sent) the sick man to hospital. 18. It was so dark that nothing could (see, be seen).
Упр. 174. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Active Voice или Passive Voice.
1. Nobody (see) him yesterday. 2. The telegram (receive) tomorrow. 3. He (give) me this book next week. 4. The answer to this question can (find) in the encyclopedia. 5. We (show) the historical monuments of the capital to the delegation. 6. You can (find) interesting information about the life in the USA in this book. 7. Moscow University (found) by Lomonosov. 8. It’s a big factory. Ten hundred people (employ) there. 9. This company (employ) ten hundred people last year. 10. While I was on holiday, my camera (steal) from my hotel room. 11. While I was on holiday, my camera (disappear) from my hotel room. 12. The letter (post) a week ago and it (arrive) yesterday. 13. The investigators (give) the newspaper reporters a long interview yesterday evening. 14. These trees (plant) last week. 15. I (give) a very interesting book at the library last Friday. 16. Budapest (divide) by the Danube into two parts: Buda and Pest. 17. The poem was so beautiful that it (memorize) by everybody.
Упр. 175. Переведите предложения на английский язык, используя:
a) Present Simple Active или Present Simple Passive
1. Мы часто вспоминаем вас. 2. Нас часто вспоминают в деревне. 3. Я часто посылаю письма друзьям. 4. Меня часто приглашают на вечеринки. 5. Он каждый день рассказывает нам что-нибудь интересное. 6. Ему каждый день рассказывают что-нибудь интересное.
b) Past Simple Active или Past Simple Passive
1. Мы ответили на все вопросы. 2. На все вопросы ответили. 3. Прошлым летом я научил сестру плавать. 4. Прошлым летом меня научили плавать. 5. Где вы купили эту книгу? 6. Где купили эту книгу?
c) Future Simple Active или Future Simple Passive
1. Завтра я принесу новый фильм. 2. Завтра принесут новый фильм. 3. Диктант будут писать в следующий вторник. 4. Мы будем писать диктант на следующем уроке. 5. Мой друг поможет мне с математикой. 6. Моему другу помогут с математикой.
Упр. 176. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Active Voice или Passive Voice.
Mrs. Wilson is a rich young lady. She (1) lives (live) in a big house with her husband and her two dogs. Every day, Mrs. Wilson (2) … (take) into the city centre. Her car (3) … (drive) by her chauffeur. She then (4) … (go) shopping in her favourite shops. Her bags (5) … (carry) by the chauffeur. Mrs. Wilson (6) … (buy) lots of things every week. She (7) … (need) lots of clothes because she goes to lots of parties. In fact, this week she (8) … (invite) to a big birthday party which (9) … (hold) in a large mansion in the country. All of her friends will be there, so Mrs. Wilson (10) … (look forward) to it very much.
Упр. 177. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Active Voice или Passive Voice.
A:Did you visit many places when you were on holiday?
B:Well, on the first day we 1) … (take) on a tour of the historic monuments by our guide.
A:Oh. Did you go everywhere with him?
B:No, we also 2) … (go) to some places by ourselves.
A:How did you manage to travel to the other places?
B:We 3) … (advise) to hire a car, but we 4) … (choose) to travel on public transport because it is much cheaper.
A:How did you know which buses and trains to catch, though?
B:We 5) … (ask) at the tourist information centre and we 6) … (give) an excellent book which 7) … (tell) us everything we needed to know.
A:So, you enjoyed it then?
B: Oh, yes! We had a really great time!
Упр. 178. Передайте следующие предложения в Passive Voice.
1. The Pacific Ocean washes the territory of Russia in the east. 2. The students attend lectures and seminars with interest. 3. They often invite me to their parties. 4. People speak English in different parts of the world. 5. The students saw this English film yesterday. 6. He left his notebook at home. 7. I bought this magazine yesterday. 8. Police inspector advised us not to go out alone in that part of the city. 9. My friend gave my sister this cookery book. 10. You will translate this text next time. 11. Mark will show you a new dictionary. 12. They will forget it very soon. 13. People don’t use this road very often. 14. How do people learn languages? 15. Did Yuri Dolgoruki found Moscow in 1147?
Упр. 179. Передайте предложения в Passive Voice по образцу, обращая внимание на место предлога.
Например: They laughed at him. – He was laughed at.
1. People speak much of him. 2. They will look after the children well. 3. People will laugh at you if you say it. 4. They sent for the doctor immediately. 5. Everybody listened to her attentively. 6. They always wait for me after the lessons. 7. Nobody took notice of this little boy. 8. Everybody lost sight of the boat in the fog. 9. I wonder whether they will listen to him. 10. Students often refer to these books. 11. If they send for you, do not refuse to come. 12. Nobody spoke to me in such a way. 13. Everybody laughed at the liar. 14. Adults usually take great care of children. 15. We thought about our injured friend all the time. 16. They looked for the magazine everywhere. 17. The neighbour asked for the telegram. 18. The doctor will operate on him in a week. 19. Nobody lived in this old house. 20. Nobody slept in the bed. 21. The teacher will send for the pupil’s parents.
Упр. 180. Передайте следующие предложения в Passive Voice.
1. You have done this task well. 2. My friends haven't brought back my skates. 3. My friend has not taken this newspaper. 4. He has just finished his report. 5. She is decorating the room right now. 6. They were playing tennis from 4 till 5. 7. We could not use the CD-player, they were repairing it. 8. Has anybody explained the rules of the game to you? 9. Have you posted the invitation cards? 10. Are they repairing your car now? 11. He offered me a chair. 12. They didn’t turn off the light. 13. We turn on the light when it is dark. 14. One uses milk for making butter. 15. People will forget it very soon. 16. They are examining the last student there.
Упр. 181. Передайте следующие тексты в Passive Voice.
a) Somebody sent me a bunch of flowers. The man from the flower shop delivered them to my house. He told me that they were a present. A young man had ordered them. He had put no card in the flowers. I still don't know who sent them.
b) Someone started a fire in the Courtney National Park early yesterday morning. They had used a match and some petrol to start the fire. The fire had burnt a lot of trees before someone called the fire brigade. The police have arrested a man. They are still questioning him.
Упр. 182. Передайте следующие предложения в Active Voice. Введите любое подходящее подлежащее.
1. The boy was punished for something. 2. His work was finished at three o’clock. 3. By whom is the article written? 4. Her dress was washed and ironed. 5. This article will be translated in time. 6. When will this book be read? 7. By whom are these books been read? 8. The delegation will be met at the station tomorrow. 9. The delegation was met at the station yesterday. 10. The children are not allowed to go to the park alone. 11. The dinner was eaten with good appetite. 12. His notebook is left at home. 13. The test was written without mistakes. 14. The telegram has just been sent to his mother. 15. The light has not been turned off. 16. Have all these books been read?
Упр. 183. Передайте следующие предложения в Active Voice. Введите любое подходящее подлежащее.
1. Betty was met at the station. 2. The girl was not allowed to go to the concert alone. 3. It was so dark, that the road could not be seen. 4. The boy was punished for misbehaving. 5. This article will be translated at the lesson tomorrow. 6. This palace was built last year. 7. The child is taken care of. 8. When was it done? 9. What museums were visited last year? 10. I am often told about it. 11. This film can be seen at our cinema. 12. Nick was told to go home at once. 13. He was fined for crossing the street in the wrong place. 14. I was not blamed for the mistakes. 15. The papers had been looked through and corrected by the next lesson. 16. The door has been closed.
Упр. 184. Исправьте ошибки.
1. The dishes has been washed. 2. The letters are being opened every morning in the office. 3. Your homework must finished by Monday. 4. The woman seen taking the children to school. 5. Mike has been tell about the new job. 6. The cars stole from the car park. 7. The house is been decorated recently. 8. The centre be visited by the King next month. 9. Radio waves discovered by Marconi. 10. This house is quite old. It has built in 1930. 11. She have been told everything. 12. By whom is these notes written? 13. All the questions must answer at once. 14. The room was clean and air yesterday morning. 15. They will give me a leave in July if there is no urgent work to be did. 16. The Olympic Games is held every four years.
МОДАЛЬНЫЕ ГЛАГОЛЫ/ИХ ЭКВИВАЛЕНТЫ
Модальные глаголы употребляются для выражения отношения говорящего к действию – возможности, необходимости или вероятности совершения этого действия.
Помимо особого значения, модальные глаголы отличаются от других глаголов еще рядом особенностей:
1. Они не изменяются по лицам и не имеют окончания –s в 3-м лице единственного числа.
2. У них нет неличных форм – инфинитива, причастия и герундия.
3. Инфинитив смыслового глагола, следующий за модальным за исключением глаголов ought, be, have, употребляется без частицы to.
4. В вопросительном и отрицательном предложениях они употребляются без вспомогательного глагола. В вопроситель-ном предложении перед подлежащим ставится сам модальный глагол, в отрицательном отрицание not присоединяется к модальному глаголу:
May I take your book? – Можно взять вашу книгу?
You should not talk at the lesson. – На уроке не следует разговаривать.
5. В модальном значении глагол to have (to) образует отрицательную и вопросительную формы при помощи вспомогательного глагола to do:
I don’t have to stay here. – Мне не нужно здесь оставаться.
Did you have to stay there? – Тебе пришлось там остаться?
Упр. 185. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на употребление модальных глаголов.
1.You should report about this accident immediately. 2. The President of the US must be a native-born citizen at least 35 years old. 3. Your climbing may be dangerous. Be careful! 4. Police officers in Britain are not allowed to join trade unions. 5. I will have to interview the witness. 6. Can you help me with these letters? 7. You shouldcheck all the windows are shut whenever you go out. 8. You have to train regularly if you want to succeed in athletics. 9. To enforce the law you must know it. 10. Will you be able to do this work tomorrow? 11. Nora could never play tennis well. 12. I was able to put it on the top shelf. 13. We can meet at the gym tomorrow, if you like. 14. Could I see the doctor, please? 15. We were allowed togo home early yesterday because our teacher was ill. 16. There’s one person I really must thank. 17. You mightpay more attention to your lessons. 18. Whoever he may be he has no right to come here. 19. I am to be there by five o'clock. 20.Very few people can remember so many dates.
Упр. 186. Подберите к началу предложения его логическое завершение. Переведите предложения.
Упр. 187. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на употребление неопределенного местоимения One с модальными глаголами.
One can (may) – можно; one cannot (may not) – нельзя; one must (should) – нужно, следует.
1.One can hardly find a “crime-free” zone in our modern life. 2. One must observe traffic regulations rules. 3. One must know the history of one’s country very well. 4. One should pay more attention to one’s parents. 5. One must remember that we can’t exist without fresh air and clean water. 6. One must always do one’s duty. 7. One cannot call the person “the criminal” until the trial’s decision. 8. One must know that there are two main branches of the law – criminal and civil. 9. No one can use the computer during classes without the consent of the teacher.
Упр. 188. Вставьте модальные глаголы can / can’t, could / couldn’t или was able to / will be able to / is able to.
1.We … use this classroom because there are no chairs in it. 2. I loved staying with my grandparents when I was a child because I … go to bed as late as I wanted. 3. I … follow what she was saying even though she was speaking very quickly. 4. … anyone use the firing ranges or only the students who are going to become militia officers? 5. It’s not the best dictionary you … buy; however, it’s better than nothing. 6. I … follow what she was saying whereas the others … . 7. They’re very well-off, so they … afford to stay in the expensive hotels. 8. Yesterday I broke my leg, so I … move. 9. The weather was terrible, so we … eat outside. 10. … I borrow this for a minute? – Sure, go ahead. 11. By the time she finishes her course, she … speak English well. 12. …I speak to Jane, please? 13. Little children like books with large print. They … read them more easily. 14. You will … speak Spanish in another few months. 15. I … play football well, but I'm … to play now, I don't feel well. 16. Who … run farthest? 17. He … speak English but he … write it very well.
Упр. 189. Вставьте модальные глаголы can/may.
1. … you see anything in this inky darkness? 2. You … go when you have finished your composition. 3. What shall we do if the train is late? It …be late, you know, after the terrible snowstorms we’ve had. 4. “When … you come and see me?” – “Let me see: I … not come tomorrow, for I must be at the meeting, but on Sunday I’ll find time. Yes, you … expect me on Sunday about three o’clock. Will that be all right?” 5. You … come in when you have taken off your boots. 6. “Be careful: you … spill the milk if you carry it like this!” 7. Most children … slide on the ice very well. 8. I don’t think I … be here by eleven o’clock, but I … be. 9. “What weight … you carry?” 10. You … leave the party now if you like. 11. “… I see the chief now?” – “Yes, you …” . 12. I am free now, so he … come in. 13. Nick … play chess with you after dinner. He will be free. 14. Perhaps the weather … be better tomorrow.
Упр. 190. Вставьте модальные глаголы can/may.
1. … I come in? 2. Let me look at your exercises. I … be able to help you. 3. I … not swim, because until this year the doctor did not allow me to be more than two minutes in the water. But this year he says I … stay in for fifteen minutes if I like, so I am going to learn to swim. 4. Libraries are quite free, and any one who likes … get books there. 5. I … come and see you tomorrow if I have time. 6. Take your raincoat with you: it … rain today. 7. Do you think you … do that? 8. I … finish the work next Sunday if no one bothers me any more. 9. … we come and see you next Friday at three p.m.? 10.”What time is it?” – “It ... be about six pm., but I am not sure. I think my watch is wrong.” 11. Only a person who knows the language very well … answer such a question. 12. Granny said, “You … open the door yourself. I … not get up because I don’t feel well.” 13. You … leave you things in the corridor. It’s empty.
Упр. 191. Вставьте модальные глаголы can/may/must.
1. You … not smoke here. 2. … I borrow your dictionary? 3. “…I take your book?” – “I am afraid not: I need it.” 4. He … not speak French yet. 5. I have very little time: I … go. 6. They … not go to the park today because they are busy. 7. You … read this text: it is easy enough. 8. What … we see on this map? 9. “… you speak Spanish?” – “No, unfortunately I … .” 10.At what time … your father come to school? 11.She … still live in Paris. 12. My father-in-law is busy. He … be writing a book about his travels. 13. This person is very happy. He … enjoy life. 14. My friend Danielle isn’t a famous artist. But she … even paint Russian icons. I … only admire her beautiful pictures. She … be a woman of great talents. She … speak German, French and English. She … translate a lot of articles for the Museum of her native town in Switzerland. She … also teach these languages at school. She is fantastic. I am fascinated by everything that she does.
Упр. 192. Вставьте модальные глаголы may/might или to be allowed (только в тех случаях, где may/might употребить нельзя).
1. He … go home if he likes. 2. As soon as the boy … leave the room, he smiled a happy smile and ran out to join his friends outside. 3. The doctor says I am much better. I … get up for a few hours every day. 4. … I bring my sister to the party? 5. He asked if he … bring his sister to the party. 6. After they had finished their homework, the children … watch TV. 7. He … join the sports section as soon as he passes his physical examination. 8. Becky’s mother said that everybody … take part in the picnic. 9. If you pass your exams, you … go to the south. 10. … I borrow your car, please? 11. He asked if he … borrow my car. 12. … I have a look at your newspaper? 13. He asked if he … come in. 13. He … be still working now.
Упр. 193. Вставьте модальные глаголы must или have to / had to / will have to.
1. The windows are very dirty. I … clean them. 2. You were late, so we … take a taxi. 3. You … be careful when you drive in wet weather. 4. We … hurry. We don’t have much time.5. Ann came to the party but she didn’t stay very long. She … leave early. 6. The students of our Institute … wear a special uniform. It’s obligatory. 7. An operative … be a good judge of human nature. 8. I am very tired. I feel I … go to bed at once. 9. She … send a telegram because it is too late to send a letter. 10. “He … be at least sixty.” – “Oh, no! He can’t be as old as that.” 11. If we miss the last bus, we … walk. 12. I … get up early tomorrow. I’ve got a lot to do. 13. Nobody answers the phone. They … be out. 14. I’m not working tomorrow, so I … not get up early. 15. I … drive on the left in Britain.
Упр. 194. Вставьте модальные глаголы be to или have to в нужной временной форме.
1.They decided that she … to send them a telegram every tenth day. 2. You … to learn all the new words for the next lesson. 3. Do you know this man? He … to be our new teacher of history. 4. Who … to go to the library to get the new books? – I was, but I couldn’t because I … to finish some work at the phonetics laboratory. 5. It is raining. You … to put on your raincoat. 6. “The patient … to stay in bed for a few days,” ordered the doctor. 7. The child had stomach trouble and … to take medcine. 8. I told her she … to open the window for a while every day. 9. In many countries men … do military service. 10. If I don’t ring up before six o’clock, then you … to go to the concert hall alone and wait for me at the entrance. Is that clear? 11. The planters … to gather their cotton at once, as they had been warned that heavy rains were expected. 12.I … to wear glasses as my eyesight is very week. 13. Johnny White … to borrow from Luke Flint at a high interest, for there was no one else in the district who lent money. 14. “Cheating is a very nasty thing,” said the teacher, “and we … to get rid of it.”
Упр. 195. Переведите предложения, используя модальные глаголы have to или be to в нужной временной форме.
1.Мне предстоит выучить это стихотворение к среде. 2. Мне задали выучить это стихотворение к среде. 3. Мне пришлось выучить это стихотворение к среде. 4. Мне придётся выучить это стихотворение к среде. 5. Мне приходится учить это стихотворение сегодня, так как я не выучил его вчера. 6. Вам не придётся учить это стихотворение. 7. Вам не пришлось учить это стихотворение. 8. Так как ты не выучил это стихотворение вчера, тебе нужно учить его теперь. 9. На этой неделе вам предстоит встретиться с выдающимся учёным. 10. Выхода не было, и ему пришлось заплатить штраф. 11. Спектакль должен был начаться в семь часов. 12. Если вы хотите хорошо овладеть языком, вы должны много читать. 13. По новому расписанию у нас будет пять уроков английского языка в неделю. 14. Рано или поздно вам придётся пойти к врачу. 15. Я должен быть там к пяти (в силу определенной договоренности).
Упр. 196. Вставьте модальные глаголы should / shouldn’t или must / mustn’t.
1. In my opinion, we … sell the old car and buy a new one. 2. You … write these words down otherwise you may forget them. 3. You … know this author – he’s one of the most famous writers in this country. 4. “Yes, I agree that the state … give money to people who don’t want to work.” 5. You … play with matches. It’s very dangerous. 6. The jury … decide if the accused is innocent or guilty. 7. Do you think people … be allowed to use a gun or knife in self-defence? 8. What … we do to be safe in the streets? 9. You … go there. It’s very dangerous. 10. My dentist says I … eat so many sweets. 11. To my mind, the government … take care of old people. 12. I haven’t phoned Ann for ages. I … phone her tonight. 13. Jack left before the end of the meeting. He … go home early. 14. There is no one in. You … try the room next door. 15. He … work regularly if he wanted to know French well.
Упр. 197. Вставьте модальные глаголы have to / don’t have to / should или shouldn’t.
1. If you feel ill, you … go to bed. 2. When you are to catch a plane, you …check in before you board the plane. 3. You … have too much hand luggage. 4. You … wear comfortable clothes. 5. A pilot … be trained for many years. 6. People who want to smoke … sit in certain seats. 7. On the plane you … wear your seat belt all the time. You can take it off. 8. But you … wear your seat belt at take-off and landing. 9. You … drink too much alcohol because you might fall ill. 10. There is often a film on a long flight, but you … watch it. You can go to sleep. 11. When you’ve got your luggage, you … go through Customs. 12. The dog is afraid of him. He … shout at the dog. 13. She makes a lot of spelling mistakes. She … copy passages out of book. 14. It’s Sunday today, so they … be at work, but they … do a lot at home. 15. I like weekends because I … get up early.
Упр. 198. Вставьте модальные глаголы must / mustn’t или can / can’t или might / may.
1. – I … remember where I put my briefcase.
– It … be in your squad-room. You often leave it there.
2. – Are you sure? I really thought it was Peter.
– It … have been Peter. He is in hospital.
3. – Are those your sister’s glasses?
– It … be hers. She never wears glasses.
4. – … you help me with these letters?
– … we do it now? … they wait until the morning?
5. – Where … I find out about visas for the US?
– Sue … know about that sort of thing. She used to work in a travel agency.
6. – Why isn’t Henry in the office today?
– He … be working at home.
7.– I must do it today.
– Do it if you … .
Упр. 199. Вставьте модальные глаголы can / be able to или may / be allowed to в нужной временной форме.
1.Anyone … master a foreign language. 2. He … join the Sports Club as soon as he is through with his phisical examination. 3. We … go home if we like. 4. After they had finished their work, the students … go home. 5. … you interview witnesses properly now being a second-year student? 6. He … phone us twice a week next year. 7. Look! I … lift this chair with one hand! 8. I was sure you … translate that article after you had translated so many texts on Criminalistics. 9. She … come and see you tomorrow if she has time. 10. Ann … not come to the party tonight. She isn’t well. 11. When I was a schoolboy, I … to stay out after eleven o’clock. 12. “… I smoke? ” – “I’m sorry, it … not … . ” 13. It stopped raining, and mother told us that we … go out. 14. I have always wanted … speak Japanese. 15. I … be late so start without me.
Упр. 200. Переделайте предложения по образцу.
Например: Wait a moment! Could you wait a moment, please!
1.Translate this text! 2. Tell me the right time! 3. Show us the way to the nearest police station. 4. Sign your name in the bottom right-hand corner! 5. Lend me your textbook for two days! 6. Phone the doctor! 7. Wash the dishes! 8. Read louder! 9. Open the door! 10. Tell me how to get to the station! 11. Give me your camera! 12. Fasten seat belts! 13. Show your passport! 14. Show your driving lisence! 15. Leave the car! 16. Spell your name! 17. Speak up!
Упр. 201. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на употребление модального глагола Need.
1. You cannot read so many books. 2. You need not read so many books. 3. Nick cannot go to school today. 4. Nick need not go to school today. 5. They cannot translate this article. 6. They need not translate this article. 7. My sister cannot write the letter: she is very busy. 8. My sister need not write the letter: I shall phone them. 9. She cannot buy bread. 10. She need not buy bread. 11. He could not stay there over the night. 12. He need not have stayed there over the night. 13. We could not do all this work. 14. We need not have done all this work. 15. She could not cook such a big dinner. 16. She need not have cooked such a big dinner. 17. They could not write the essay. 18. They need not have written the essay. 19. I could not go to the library. 20. I need not have gone to the library.
Упр. 202. Перефразируйте следующие предложения по образцу, употребляя модальный глагол Need.
Например: 1) It is not necessary to go there.
You need not go there.
2) It was not necessary to go there.
You need not have gone there.
1. Why do you want to do it all today? 2. It was not necessary for the mother to cook all the food the chidren may want. 3. It is not necessary to take the six-thirty. A later train will do as well. 4. There was no necessity for her to do it herself. 5. There is no reason for you to worry: he is as strong as a horse. 6. There is no need for you to be present. 7. Is it any use our going into all that now? 8. Why did you mention all these figures? The situation was clear as it was. 9. Why do you want to press the skirt? It is not creased at all. 10. It was not necessary for you to remind me about her birthday. I remember the date very well.
Упр. 203. Вставьте модальные глаголы must /may /need.
1. … I take this book for a little while? – I am sorry, but I … return it to the library at once. 2. Alex … practise this sound specially, but the other pupils … not: they all pronounce it properly. 3. They … come at any time they like between ten and twelve in the morning, but they … not come if they don’t want to. 4. … I go there right now? – Yes, you … . 5. … we hand in our compositions tomorrow? – No, you … not, you … hand them in next week. 6. … John really do this today? - No, he … not, he … do it tomorrow if he likes. 7. You … not let this cup fall: it … break. 8. … I help you with your coat on? 9. You … park your car only in your own space in the back of the building. 10. You … have cancelled your trip to Canada. But you have always wanted to visit the largest French city Montreal and see your friend Nina.
Упр. 204. Вставьте модальные глаголы must / may / need или can .
1. Peter … return the book to the library. We all want to read it. 2. “Why … not you understand it? It is so easy. 3. … we do the exercise at once?” – “Yes, you … do it at once.” 4. … you pronounce this sound? 5. You … not have bought this meat: we have everything for dinner. 6. I … not go out today: it is too cold. 7. “… I take your CD?” – “Yes, please.” 8. My brothers … not carry the bookcase upstairs: it is too heavy. 9. We … not carry the bookcase upstairs ourselves: the workers will come and do it. 10. When … your wife come to see us? - I think, she … come only on Sunday. 11. “Shall I write an e-mail to my brother-in-law?” – “No, you … not, it is not necessary.” 12. … you cut something without a knife? 13. Everything is clear and you … not go into details now. 14. He … not drink alcohol when he drives. 15. Don’t worry! I … change the lock. 16. By the end of the week my uncle … have finished writing his book. 17. My granny … not call the doctor again unless she feels worse.
Упр. 205. Вставьте подходящие модальные глаголы.
1.When you are driving, you … wear a seat-belt. 2. We … learn how to find the criminal as quickly as possible. 3. In order to understand English Constitutional law you … study numerous documents, various statutes, judicial decisions and others. 4. The police … strictly respect certain administrative rules. 5. The rain was very hard so the referee … stop the game. 6. You … come tomorrow if you like. 7. He … take some warm clothes with him. The summer … be cold. 8. She … stay at home because of her broken ankle. 9. … you explain the rule once more? 10. He … be sitting on the bench in the garden. He is always there in the evening. 11. You … not pay attention to what she says: she is in a bad mood. 12. You … dismiss me if I don’t do as you like. 13. Speak up! Nothing … be heard! 14. The militia officers … be well-educated persons. 15. Don’t tell anybody what I said! You … keep it a secret.
©2015 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав.
Почему 3458 студентов выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы