Упр. 139. Поставьте предложения в отрицательную и вопросительную формы (общий вопрос)
1. She has had her motorbike for over six years. 2. I’d lived next to the Sports Club for a couple of months before I decided to join. 3. My younger brother will have finished his English homework by the time I come back. 4. We havejustreturned home. 5. The students have left the room. 6. We have flown in a helicopter twice. 7. We were late. The meeting had started an hour before. 8. My parents have been to the USA many times. 9. Dan is from London. He has lived there for seven year. 10. Sam’s just heard that one of his houses has caught fire.
Упр. 140. Выберите соответствующий перевод.
a) The police have interviewed the witness.
1. Полиция опрашивает свидетеля.
2. Полиция опросила свидетеля.
3. Полиция опрашивала свидетеля.
b) The detective had interrogated the criminal.
1. Сыщик допрашивал преступника.
2. Сыщик допрашивает преступника.
3. Сыщик допросил преступника.
c) The investigator will have collected all the necessary evidence.
1. Следователь соберёт все необходимые доказательства.
2. Следователь будет собирать все необходимые доказательства.
3. Следователь собирает все необходимые доказательства.
Упр. 141. Вставьте since или for.
1. … ten years 6. … six months
2. … I was five 7. … lunch-time
3. … 8 o’clock 8. … we moved to this town
4. … two hours 9. … three minutes
5. … ages 10. … 1912
Упр. 142. Вставьте since/ for/ ago.
1. Dad isn’t at home. He went to the work an hour … . 2. Jill hasn’t been there … three years. 3. They have lived in Moscow … 1984. 4. They got that flat twelve years … . 5. We haven’t seen each other … that evening at Mr. Grey. 6. “Is it snowing?” – “Yes, it started two hours … .” 7. I phoned him two days … . 8. Our family haven’t heard from him … five months. 9. Two years … Derry bought a car. 10. I have never sailed again … that journey. 11. I haven’t spoken to Mary … Christmas. 12. He has worked for this company … April.
Упр. 143. Вставьте recently / how long / yet / always / ever / already / since / never.
1. A: … has she been an air hostess?
B: … she left school.
2. A: Bob has … moved house.
B: Really? What’s his new address?
3. A: I can’t phone you. I haven’t got a phone … .
B: Well, I’ll come to your house instead.
4. A: Has she finished her homework …?
B: Yes. She’s … finished it.
5. A: He eats a lot of vegetables, doesn’t he?
B: Yes. He’s … liked vegetables.
6. A: Have you … been to China?
B: No, I have … been there.
Упр. 144. Выберите правильный вариант.
1. The Prime Minister haven’t been / hasn’t been abroad since January. 2. My father have been / has beenasleep in bed all day. 3. Have / Hasthe dentist asked us to wait for a few minutes? 4. Is this the first time you have cook / have cooked fish? 5. We posted the parcel three weeks ago. If you still haven’t received / hasn’t receivedit, please inform us immediately. 6. They have never visited / never have visitedLondon before. 7. Roger hasn’t play / hasn’t playedtennis for six weeks. 8. Have you ever / neverbeen to the USA? 9. She has always wanted / has wanted alwaysto be a lawyer.
Упр. 145. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect.
1. A: Have you ever given an interview?
B: No, I … (never / do) that.
2. A: What time does the train leave?
B: It … (just / leave)!
3. A: Is the new restaurant good?
B: I … (not / eat) there yet.
4. A: Shall I do the shopping now?
B: No, I … (already / do) it.
5. A: Julia, are you ready?
B: No, I … (not / dry) my hair yet.
6. A: Would you like to have lunch with me?
B: No, thanks. I … (already / eat).
Упр. 146. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfectили Past Simple.
1. Ed (win) his first gold medal in 1992. 2. Ed (win) a lot of medals. 3. He (make) ten pots this morning. 4. First, Robert (brush) his teeth, then he (go) to bed. 5. I never (hear) such a moving song before. 6. Last week Fred (fall) off a ladder and (break) his arm. 7. I always (want) to get Harrison Ford’s autograph. 8. My sister (not play) the violin for two years. 9. I (not see) my family for two years. 10. I already (see) this film. Let’s watch something else. 11. The sun (not rise) yet, but the sky in the east is getting lighter every minute. 12. I (see) you walking along the street the other day with a heavy bag. 13. I (not read) the newspaper today. 14. It is very late, and trams (stop) running: we must find a taxi to get home. 15. How many times you (be) to St. Petersburg? 16. At last I (translate) this article: now I will have a little rest. 17. We (go) to the country yesterday, but the rain (spoil) all the pleasure. 18. “Where you (put) my pen? I cannot find it.” 19. “When you (see) Mary? - I (see) her last week.” 20. Your mother (promise) to take you to the theatre? 21. Look at my new dress! I (make) it myself.
Упр. 147. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Present Perfect.
1. I already (do) my homework. Now I can go for a walk. 2. I (do) my homework yesterday. 3. He just (come) home. 4. He (come) home a minute ago. 5. Nick (send) two faxes yesterday. 6. She already (come) from school. Now she is doing her homework. 7. I (read) this book last year. 8. I (read) the book this year. 9. I never (be) to Washington. 10. You ever (be) to New York? 11. You ever (see) the eruption of a volcano? 12. I (not eat) today yet. 13. He (not eat) yesterday. 14. You (play) the piano yesterday? 15. You (play) the piano today? 16. Peter was very disappointed when he (fail) his driving test. 17. I (study) French for six years at school, but I can’t speak a word now. 18. I (join) the Rugby Club two years ago. 19. We (decide) to meet outside the station at 10 o’clock the following morning.20. The man walked into the shop and (demand) to see the manager. 21. You ever (ride) a horse?
Упр. 148. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simpleили Present Perfect.
1.At last I (do) all my homework: now I can go out. 2. The rain (stop) but a cold wind is still blowing. 3. We already (solve) the problem. 4. He (come) a moment ago. 5. I never (speak) to him. 6. He just (finish) his work. 7. You (make) any spelling mistakes in your dictation? 8. It (be) very cold yesterday. 9. When you (meet) him? 10. I (not see) him since 1987. 11. How many e-mails you (receive)? 12. Where you (put) the newspaper? I want to read it, but cannot find it anywhere. 13. The new school (begin) working last year. 14. You (read) all the books on this shelf? 15. I (not see) my cousin since last year. 16. Why you (put) these things in the wrong place? 17. Why you (leave) the door open? You will catch cold sitting in the draught. 18. “We (not meet) for such a long time!” said my friend. “Yes, indeed,” I answered, “and we both (grow).” 19. What books you (read) when you (live) in the country? 20. They (not yet come) from the south. 21. She (live) in this cottage for two years.
Упр. 149. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simpleили Present Perfect.
1.Helen speaks French so well because she (live) in France.2.She (live) there last year. 3.The rain (stop) and the sun is shining in the sky again. 4.Mary (buy) a new car. 5.I (buy) a pair of gloves yesterday. 6.The weather (change), and we can go for a walk. 7.Thewind (change) in the morning. 8.We (travel) around Europe last week. 9. My father knows so much because he (travel) a lot. 10.I (see) Pete today. 11.She (see) this film last Monday.12.Alex (meet) his friend two hours ago. 13. I just (meet) our teacher. 14.The children already (decide) to help their grandmother. 15.Yesterday they (decide) to help their grandmother. 16. “I (not see) you for a long time. I (see) you in town two or three days ago, but you (not see) me. I (be) on a bus.” 17. Nick (buy) a book online yesterday. 18. My younger sister already (come) from school. Now she is doing her homework. 19. I (spend) much money this year. 20.I (not see) him since 1999. 21. He (be) ill last week, now he (recover).
Упр. 150. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simpleили Present Perfect.
1.Last night I (feel) tired and (go) to bed very early. 2.Where you (spend) your summer holidays? 3.You ever (spend) your holidays in the Crimea? 4.While travelling in the Crimea I (meet) your friend. 5.I never (visit) that place. 6.He (visit) that place last year. 7.I just (receive) a fax from Tom.8.You (take) any pictures while travelling in the south? 9.He (be) abroad five years ago. 10.You (be) in the Caucasus last year? 11.They (leave) England when he (be) still a child. 12.He (not yet come) back. 13.He (go) already? 14.When you (visit) a cybercafé last? 15.I (not see) him for ages. 16. His health (improve) greatly since I (see) him last. 17. “You (pass) your driving test yet?” – “Yes, I (pass) it in May, but I (not buy) a car yet.” 18.He (live) in Australia for one year and now he lives in Scotland. 19.He (come) a moment ago. 20.I can hardly recognize you. I (not see) you since you (leave) for Sochi. 21. My elder brother just (come) back from jogging and he’s a bit tired.
Упр. 151. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simpleили Present Perfect.
1.She (just) go out. 2.She (leave) the room a moment ago. 3.We (not yet solve) the problem. 4.When the auto accident (happen)? 5.Show me the dress which you (make). 7.Oh, close the window! Look, all my paper (fall) on the floor because of the wind. 8.I (not buy) the newspaper today. 9.If everybody (read) this new novel, let’s discuss it. 10.How many times you (be) to London?11.I (not see) Sarah since 2004. 12.They (get) married a month ago. 13.My watch was going in the morning, but now it (stop). 14.The lecture (not yet begin) and the students are talking in the classroom. 15.You ever (be) to Moscow? 16. I never (be) to Washington. 17.Which places you (be) to since you arrived? 18.The building of the house (begin) in April. 19.The new swimming-pool (begin) working last September. 20. She never (send) an e-mail in her life.
Упр. 152. Исправьте ошибки.
1. We have bought a new sofa last month. 2. Jim lives in Germany for three years. 3. My father has went fishing. 4. She is just moved house. 5. We have eaten lunch at one o’clock. 6. Sophie has do her homework. 7. I am at school since nine o’clock. 8. Ann and Tim have got married ten years ago. 9. We have eaten our breakfast already. 10. Autumn have come. It is November now.
Упр. 153. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на употребление Past Perfect.
1.He took me to the kitchen and asked, if I had had breakfast. 2. She had written only two letters by noon. 3. We went to see Mr. James who had been a widower for two years. 4. My aunt began to do all the things she had wanted to do since she moved house. 5. Jason had returnedhome before the storm broke out. 6. We could not enter the house, because father had locked the door and we had no keys. 7. By six they had returned from the cinema. 8. The rain had stopped and the sun was shining again. 9. Yesterday I met a friend of mine, who had just returned from Brazil. 10. Had Lucy packedher suitcase by the time you called her?
Упр. 154. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Perfect.
1.Yesterday I (meet) a friend of mine whom I (not see) for a long time. 2. When I (come) home yesterday, my sister already (return). 3. He just (approach) the door when she (enter). 4. By the fifteenth of January the students (pass) all the exams. 5. Last night he (finish) the book which he (begin) writing a year ago. 6. By the evening he (translate) ten pages. 7. Last summer I (go) to the mountains, but I (not find) the rest there as pleasant as near the sea. 8. It was very late. I (go) to bed and (fall) asleep. 9. You (have) a long holiday last summer? 10. I was so upset that I (not understand) what he was saying. 11. My brother (work) in the Militia before he (enter) the college. 12. Yesterday my dad (not get up) early because it was Sunday. 13. A famous footballer (live) in our house before we bought it. 14. She was the most beautiful woman I ever (meet). 15. The sun (set), it (get) dark, and we went home.
Упр. 155. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Perfect.
1.My friend (come) home from the college at 7 pm last night. 2. We (come) home by 7 pm last night. 3. Nick (send) five e-mails before he (go) home. 4. These police officers (write) reports of the road accidents the day before yesterday. 5. The officer (describe) the criminal he (arrest) last week. 6. I (not go) to the cinema 2 months ago. 7. The expert (not finish) his report by 5 pm. 8. They (not be) at home when I (come) to their place. 9. He was tired because he (work) in the garden all day. 10. He (think) that he (lose) the money. 11. Ann (tell) me that she (see) an interesting film. 12. Where you (work) before you (enter) the institute? 13. When you (see) him last? 14. “Was Tom at the party when you (arrive)?” “No, he (go) home.” 15. The house was dirty. They (not clean) it before.
Упр. 156. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple, Past Continuous или Past Perfect.
1. My friend (finish) his work when I (see) him. 2. The operative (get) much information the day before yesterday. 3. They (cook) the whole day yesterday. 4. He repaired the toy which his brother (break) the day before. 5. The lawyers (discuss) the problem of fighting crime last month. 6. When I came home, my sister (wash) the floor. 7. I (not go) to the theatre yesterday. 8. At 7 o’clock yesterday I (go) to the theatre. 9. Mother saw that Jack (not wash) his hands. 10. I knew that my friend (not yet come). 11. Last year I (go) to the US. 12. Tom (return) from the cinema by 5 o’clock yesterday. 13. We (play) in the yard the whole evening yesterday. 14. When the students (come) to the station, the train already (leave). 15. Yesterday I (find) the book which I (lose) in summer. 16. She (leave) a kitchen a moment ago. 17. They (dance) while he (play) the guitar. 18. You (watch) TV from 5 pm till 6 pm yesterday? 19. What you (do) at 5 o’clock yesterday? – I (write) e-mails. 20. When I (prepare) breakfast in the morning, I cut my finger. 21. At this time yesterday we (talk) about you.
Упр. 157. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple, Past Continuous или Past Perfect.
1. By 8 o’clock yesterday I (do) my homework and at 8 I (play) the piano. 2. By 6 o’clock father (come) home and at 6 he (have) dinner. 3. By 9 o’clock yesterday grandmother (wash) the dishes and at 9 she (watch) TV. 4. When I (meet) Tom, he (eat) an ice-cream which he (buy) at the corner of the street. 5. When I (come) home, my sister (read) a book which she (bring) from the library. 6. When mother (to come) home, the children (to eat) the soup which she (cook) in the morning. 7. When I (ring) up Mike, he still (learn) the poem which he (begin) learning at school.8. When I (look) out of the window, the children (play) with a ball which Pete (bring) from home. 9. By 10 o’clock the children (settle) comfortably on the sofa and at 10 they (watch) a video film. 10. When father (come) home, we (cook) the mushrooms which we (gather) in the wood. 11. When I (see) Ann, she (sort) the flowers which she (pick) in the field. 12. When I (come) home yesterday, I (see) that my little brother (break) my pen and (play) with its pieces.13. When I (open) the door of the classroom, I (see) that the teacher already (come) and the students (write) a dictation. 14. They were sitting in the room when the taxi (arrive). 15. When your sister (go) to London?
Упр. 158. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect, Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect.
1. I just (see) Jack. 2. She (wash) the dishes from 5 till 6 pm. 3. “Look! She (draw) a very nice picture.” 4. At this time yesterday I (talk) to my friend. 5.The TV programme (begin) before I (come) home. 6. I (not eat) ice-cream since summer. 7. I understood that she (not read) my letter. 8. She (do) the rooms when I (come) home. 9. “It’s all right: she (find) the way out of the situation.” 10. He (come) home late yesterday. 11. She is very glad: she (finish) her composition at last. 12. He (translate) the whole text by 11 o’clock. 13. I never (be) to Rome. 14. Last year we (work) very much. 15. When I (have) breakfast, I went to school. 16. “I (not see) you for ages! I am very glad to see you.” 17. My sister already (graduate) from the Institute. 18. I (see) an interesting TV program this week.
Упр. 159. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect, Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect.
1.Only when she was going to bed, she remembered that she (forget) to ring up her friend. 2. We already (study) seven English tenses. 3. He (spend) two weeks in Scotland a year ago. 4. I (buy) a lovely fashionable dress. I think I will look smart at the party. 5. He (learn) English before he (go) to the USA. 6. When she (spend) all her money, she (go) home. 7. I (speak) to my friend yesterday. 8. Look! Kate (wash) all the dishes. 9. Your mother (return) from work? Can I speak to her? 10. She (clean) her flat the whole day on Saturday. 11. The cat drank all the milk which I (give) her. 12. He (not read) Turgenev since he was a pupil. 13. They (reach) the river by sunset. 14. I (not yet receive) an answer to my e-mail. 15. She is very happy. Her son (finish) school. 16. My brother (train) at the stadium from 6 till 8 yesterday. 17. My sister (buy) a pair of nice leather shoes this month. 18. I (not dance) for ages. 19. When Nick (come) from school, his friends (play) tennis. 20. My friend just (recover) after a serious illness. 21. I never (be) to the Bahamas.
Упр. 160. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect, Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect.
1. She (return) home late yesterday. 2. My parents are very happy: I (finish) school. 3. My brother (surf) the Internet the whole evening yesterday. 4. I (not send) cards for ages. 5. When your sister (go) to Bristol? 6. We (have) rather a difficult time at that moment last year. 7. A great number of students (study) in the reading room when I (enter) it last night. 8. Mike’s friends could hardly recognize him as he (change) greatly after his expedition to the Antarctic. 9. At the age of twenty my father (combine) work and study. 10. Yesterday Nick (say) that he (read) much during his summer vacation. 11. When Mag (come) home, her husband (read) the book which she (bring) him two days ago. 12. What you (do) at five o’clock yesterday? 13. When I (do) my work yesterday, I quickly (run) to the yard, because my friends (wait) for me there. 14. “Will you go to the library tomorrow?” – “No, I already (be) there on Monday.” 15. This little boy never (see) a crocodile. 16. Yesterday our grandfather (tell) us how he (work) at the factory during the war.
THE PASSIVE VOICE
В английском языке, как и в русском, глаголы могут иметь два залога: действительный (the Active Voice) и страдательный (the Passive Voice). Глагол в действительном залоге показывает, что действие совершается лицом или предметом, обозначенным подлежащим. Глагол в страдательном залоге показывает, что лицо или предмет, обозначенный подлежащим, испытывает воздействие (подлежащее не является действующим лицом, а действие направлено на подлежащее).
Страдательный залог образуется с помощью вспомога-тельного глагола to be и причастия II (Participle II) смыслового глагола
Форма причастия II никогда не изменяется, а показателем лица, числа и времени является вспомогательный глагол to be.
Таблица всех видо-временных форм в Passive Voice
Упр. 161. Образуйте Participle II от следующих глаголов.
a) to open, to interview, to arrest, to wash, to live, to shave, to close, to express;
b) to write, to read, to do, to go, to leave, to take, to give, to pay, to be, to drive.
Упр. 162. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на употребление Passive Voice.
1.What language is spoken in Turkey? 2. Books by Jack London are read by many readers with great interest. 3. What are people from Egypt called? 4. What specialists are trained at Chelyabinsk Law Institute of the MIA? 5. All the exams will be passed by me well. 6. The first Russian University was founded in 1755. 7. When was your Institute set up? 8. Some new phrases must be used in your story. 9. This grammar rule is being discussed at the lesson now. 10. The office was being cleaned when the boss arrived. 11. The text has already been translated. 12. Many books by American writers have been translated into Russian. 13. The furniture has not been delivered yet. 14. Mike has been told about the new job. 15. The letter and the parcel will be posted tomorrow. 16. This letter was written by me, not by my sister. 17. Why has the doctor been sent for?
©2015 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав.
Почему 3458 студентов выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы