Translate into Russian the following word families and word combinations
Переведите на русский язык и укажите каким способом образованы следующие слова.
1. to correct – correction – correctional.
2. to rehabilitate – rehabilitation – rehabilitative.
3. to oblige – obligation – obligor – obligator – obligatory.
4. null – to nullify – nullification.
5. notary – notarial – to notarize.
An unidentifiable body, illegal actions, an informal interview, a baseless charge.
Underline the verbs in the Passive Voice, write down in what tenses they are used and translate the sentences into Russian.
Подчеркните глаголы в пассивном (страдательном) залоге, напишите в каком из времен они употреблены и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. The Moscow Law Institute was set up in 1975.
2. When was our Institute set up?
3. All the exams will be passed by me well.
4. This grammar rule is being discussed at the lesson today.
5. Many books by American writers have been translated into Russian.
Put the verbs in brackets in the proper tense (Present, Past, Future Indefinite) and voice.
Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в соответствующем времени (Present, Past или Future Indefinite ) и залоге.
1. This fence (not to paint) again until next year. 2. The police (to call) by the watchman and the man (to arrest) yesterday. 3. Usually this calculations (to do) by a computer. 4. The piano (to repair) tomorrow. 5. Every day the warehouse (to guard) by dogs. 6. Many houses (to burn) during the Great Fire of London.
Change the following sentences from active to passive form. (Keep the same tense with each change).
Замените активный залог на пассивный в следующих предложениях, не меняя время активного залога.
1. They denied access to the secret documents to all but a few. 2. Will someone send me the details? 3. People must not park cars there. 4. James Watt invented
the steam-engine. 5. Have the police captured that criminal yet? 6. Nobody asked Bill to sing. 7. We shall send you the goods as soon as they are available.
Translate into English using the Passive voice.
Переведите на английский язык, используя страдательный залог.
1. Факс будет отправлен завтра. 2. Меня часто об этом спрашивают. 3. Его сбила машина на Хай-стрит прошлой ночью. 4. Их часто посылают в командировку за границу. 5. Маленьких детей все любят. 6. Этот дом ограбили в прошлом месяце. 7. Тома повысили в должности на прошлой неделе, не так ли?
Change into indirect speech.
Замените прямую речь косвенной.
1. Bill said, “I have missed my train. Now I will be late for work and my boss will be furious.” Bill remarked …
2. She said, “Yes, you were right yesterday.” She admitted …
3. “Did any of you actually see the accident happen?” said the policeman.
The policeman inquired…
4. He said to her, “Who called while I was out?” He wanted to know …
5. “Don’t argue with her,” I said. I advised …
6. “Open the safe,” the raiders said to the bank clerk. The raiders ordered the bank clerk …
7. He said to her, “Why does he speak so loudly?” He wondered…
7. Underline the verbs in the object clauses, write down the tenses in which they are used and translate the sentences.
Подчеркните глаголы в придаточных предложениях, напишите в каком времени они употреблены и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. They asked me when I was leaving for Minsk.
2. The teacher asked us when Byron was born.
3. He said he had served in the Far East two years before.
4. They didn’t know if they would watch the football match the next day.
5. The examiner asked me how long I had been learning English.
6. He said that the lecture in Criminalistics would take place that day.
7.We are told that we shall take our English exam next year.
8. Translate the following sentences into English using the rules of the Sequence of Tenses.
Переведите предложения на английский язык, используя правила согласования времен.
1. Судья спросил меня, что я делал возле банка.
2. Я думал, что ты собираешься поехать в Лондон.
3. Я знал, что поверенный подождет меня.
4. Он спросил секретаря, почему почта еще не отправлена.
5. Нарушитель полагал, что сможет обойти закон.
Match part I and part II.
Соотнесите две части предложения.
Underline the clauses and translate the following sentences into Russian.
Подчеркните придаточное предложение и переведите его на русский язык.
1. If the weather changes tomorrow, it will be fine. 2. We don’t know if she comes to the party. 3. As soon as we find out their legal address we shall contact you. 4. If you run after two hares, you will catch neither. 5. I shall go for a walk as soon as I finish my work. 6. Please, stay here until I return.
Choose the right variant.
Выберите правильный вариант глагола в придаточном предложении.
1. Unless they improve their attitude towards the work, they … the exam.
a). would fail
b). will fail
2. When you go abroad … very attentive.
b). will be
3. If your teeth hurt you, you … a dentist.
a). ought to see
b). should see
c). would see
Read the text.
Criminal trials in the United Kingdom take the form of a contest between the prosecution and the defence. Since the law presumes the innocence of an accused person until guilt has been proved, the prosecution is not granted any advantage, apparent or real, over the defence. A defendant (in Scotland called an accused) has the right to employ a legal adviser and may be granted legal aid from public funds. If remained in custody, the person may be visited by a legal adviser to ensure a properly prepared defence. In England, Wales and Northern Ireland during the preparation of the case, the prosecution usually tells the defence of relevant documents which are not proposed to put in evidence and discloses them if asked to do so. The prosecution should also inform the defence of witnesses whose evidence may help the accused and whom the prosecution does not propose to call. The defence or prosecution may suggest that the defendant’s mental state renders him or her unfit to be tried. If the jury decides that this is so, the defendant is admitted to a special hospital.
Criminal trials are normally held in an open court and rules of evidence (concerned with the proof of facts) are rigorously applied. If evidence is improperly admitted, a conviction can be quashed on appeal. During the trials the defendant has the right to hear or cross-examine witnesses for the prosecution, normally through a lawyer; to call his or her own witnesses who, if they do not attend voluntarily, may be legally compelled to attend; and to address the court in person or through a lawyer, the defence having the right to the last speech at the trial. The defendant cannot be questioned without consenting to be sworn as a witness in his or her own defence. When he or she does testify, cross-examination about character or other conduct may be made only in exceptional circumstances; generally the prosecution may not introduce such evidence.
In jury trials the judge decides questions of law, sums up the evidence for the jury and instructs it on the relevant law, and discharges the accused or passes sentence. Only the jury decides whether the defendant is guilty or not guilty.
A jury is completely independent of the judiciary. Any attempt to interfere with a jury once it is sworn in is punishable under the Contempt of Court Act 1981.
People between the ages of 18 and 65 whose names appear on the electoral register, with certain exceptions, are liable for jury service and their names are chosen at random. Ineligible persons include the judiciary, priests, people who have within the previous ten years been members of the legal profession, the Lord Chancellor’s Department, or the police, prison and probation services, and certain sufferers from mental illness.
©2015-2020 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. (1029)
Почему 1285321 студент выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы