Переведите предложения на английский язык, используя сложное дополнение
1. Все видели, как он выхватил сумочку из рук женщины.
2. Я не спал и слышал, как кто-то вошел в дом.
3. Мы рассчитывали, что вы поедете с нами на юг.
4. Мы все знаем, что он высоко квалифицированный детектив.
5. Сид видел, как Том выпрыгнул из окна.
6. Инспектор ожидал, что свидетель расскажет всю информацию об этом деле.
Encircle the Participles, mark the Present Participle with “Pres.” and Past Participle with “Past” and translate the sentences into Russian.
Отметьте предложения, содержащие причастие настоящего времени словом “Pres.”, а предложения, содержащие причастие прошедшего времени словом “Past”.
1. The executor is the person appointed to “execute” the will that is to give effect to the wishes expressed in the will by the testator.
2. The police investigating the case are looking for three men.
3. The teacher felt him knowing the problem not quite well.
4. Mike had the TV set repaired some days ago.
5. The door being opened we heard the teacher speaking with a student.
6. The books written by Dickens give us realistic picture of the 19th century England.
Choose the correct form of the Participle.
Выберите правильную форму причастия.
1. I think that the boy (standing, stood) there is his brother.
2. When we came nearer, we saw two boys (coming, come) towards us.
3. Look at the beautiful flowers (gathering, gathered) by the children.
4. I picked up the pencil (lying, lain) on the floor.
5. Name some places (visiting, visited) by you last year.
6. She was reading the book (buying, bought) the day before.
Underline the Gerund and translate the sentences into Russian.
Подчеркните герундий и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. He was charged with not having taken the victim to a hospital after the accident.
2. There is a need for making a function of social protection more effective.
3. Adequate patrol is an effective means of preventing crimes.
4. Under established rules some evidence is inadmissible, especially if there is a doubt of its being obtained lawfully.
5. The repressive function of the police is realized by making arrest of a criminal.
6. The main task of police work is the task of protecting society against crime.
Use Infinitive or Gerund.
Употребите инфинитив или герундий.
1. Since objects seized in the course of an illegal search are inadmissible as evidence in courts, the importance of strict observance by the arresting officer of the limitations of his power (to arrest, arresting) without warrant is obvious.
2. He went on (to read, reading).
3. We decided not (to go out, going out).
4. Will you stop (to talk, talking) about it?
Read and translate the text in written form.
Прочтите и переведите текст письменно.
The White House.
It is a moot question in Washington whether the Capitol or the White House holds first interest. As the residence of the President, perhaps the White House has the edge. Every President except Washington lived there.
The Executive Manshion, as it was originally known is the oldest public structure in the city. The cornerstone was laid on October 13, 1792, on the 300th anniversary of Columbus’s landing at San Salvador. It was in the same year that James Hoban, an Irish American, won a prize of 500 dollars offered for the best design of the “President’s House”, according to L’Enfant’s designation.
The home of the president of the United States gets its name from its white walls. But the White House wasn’t always white; its original colour was grey. During the war of 1812-1814 the British burned most of the public buildings in Washington, including the President’s Palace. Its walls were still standing, but the sand stone was so streaked with water and smoke that it seemed best to paint it white to cover the scars of a fire. That done, it began to be called the “white house”. It has been white ever since. During the administration of Theodore Roosevelt “White House” appeared on the President’s stationery and the term became official.
Thousands of Americans flock to visit President’s home and office. There are admitted to see the Green Room; the Blue Room, where ambassadors and ministers of foreign countries are received; the State Dining Room and the East Room, use for public receptions. The Oval Office – the President’s Office – is in the west of the White House.
Answer the questions in written form.
Ответьте на вопросы письменно.
1. Did all the Presidents of the USA live in the White House?
2. When was the corner stone of the building laid?
3. What was the original colour of the White House?
4. Who was the designer of the White House?
5. Was it due to British that the building changed its colour?
6. Where are the ambassadors and foreign ministers received in the White House?
7. When did the term “White House” become official?
Put all types of questions to the sentences.
Поставьте все типы вопросов к следующим предложениям. Обозначьте тип вопроса.
1. The home of the President of the USA gets its name from its white walls.
2. People are admitted to see the Green and the Blue rooms.
Курс 5 семестр.
Контрольная работа №5.
Underline the infinitive and translate the sentences into Russian.
©2015-2020 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. (812)
Почему 1285321 студент выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы