I. Прочитайте и устно переведите текст на русский язык. Перепишите и письменно переведите 2,3,4,5 абзацы текста
The Higher School and the Ways to Science
1. Student participation in research is one of the most effective methods for training highly-qualified specialists 'capable of taking part in the rapidly developing scientific and technological revolution.
2. Students are encouraged to participate widely in research while still at college. The programme of studies is designed in such a way as to draw students ever deeper into scientific research.
3. Research enables the students to improve their knowledge and put to practical use the things they learn at lectures, seminars and laboratories. Furthermore1, it enables them to realize the practical value of their knowledge, to master the basic experimental techniques, to learn how to handle the modern equipment2 and analyse the results of the experiment.
4. Such students graduate as highly-skilled specialists. And this actually is one of the most important tasks facing college.
5. There are student research societies at every university and institute. Contests3, competitions and exhibitions, based on student research have become an established tradition. Every year a country-wide student contest is held for the best research project, the winners being awarded special medals and diplomas.
6. Students are engaged in research under guidance4 of professors, instructors, engineers and post-graduates. As a rule, students write their term-papers and graduation theses on the problems of their research work. They operate experimental and industrial installations, conduct theoretical investigations, read scientific literature on their speciality.
7. Many term - papers and graduation theses include elements of research done at some higher school department on contract with industrial enterprises. Term- papers, research work, graduation theses5 of practical importance to industry — such are the stages of turning students into highly-skilled thinking engineers ready for independent work even before they get their diplomas.
Пояснения к тексту
1.furthermore- к тому же; более того
2.to handle equipment – управлять оборудованием
3. contests – состязание; соревнование
4.under guidance – под руководством.
5.Graduation theses – дипломные работы
VIII. Прочтите текст еще раз. Выберите правильный вариант ответа на поставленный вопрос.
Are students encouraged to participate in research while studying?
1. Only after graduating from collage students have opportunities to participate in research.
2. Research enables the students to put to practical use the things they learn.
3. Still at college students are engaged in research under guidance of professors and instructors.
Контрольное задание 3
I. Перепишите следующие предложения, переведите их на русский язык. Определите в каждом из них видо - временную форму и залог глагола-сказуемого.
1.When we are introduced to new people we should try to appear friendly.
2.After inventing dynamite, Swedish – born Alfred Nobel became a very rich man.
3.In recent years riding has become a sport for everybody.
4.He has never played a better game than he has today.
II. Перепишите следующие предложения, переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на различные значения слов it, that, one.
1.These trucks are too small, we’ll need bigger ones.
2.That was the distance the car covered in one hour.
3.It is known that the laser has become a multipurpose tool.
III. Перепишите следующие предложения, переведите их на русский язык, помня о разных значениях глаголов to be, to have, to do.
1. Mankind was entering an age of high speeds, pressures and temperatures at the beginning of last century.
2. The evening and correspondence education system has their own advantages.
3. There is scarcely an industry to which plastics don’t make a contribution.
4.They did define the properties of the element discovered not long ago.
IV. Перепишите следующие предложения, переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на бессоюзные подчинения.
1. The book he recommended to read gives clear understanding of the problem.
2. He said the new system was a marked improvement over the previous one.
V. Перепишите следующие предложения, переведите их на русский язык, обратите внимание на то, что в них просьба (побуждение) выражена с помощью глагола to let.
1. Let your students hurry.
2. Let us paint the room in light – green.
VI. Перепишите следующие предложения, переведите их на русский язык ,обращая внимание на функцию инфинитива, герундия и причастия в предложениях.
1. A new comfortable coach was developed to transport people over long distances.
2. It’s no use discussing this question now , we must act.
3. While using new method the firm reduces production cost.
VII. Прочитайте и устно переведите текст. Перепишите и письменно переведите 2, 3, 4, 5 абзацы текста.
1. Leeds University has a century-old tradition of teaching and research in
mechanical engineering and its degrees are recognized the world over.
2. The Mechanical Engineering1 department has about 270 undergraduates and so academic staff. The teaching staff are practising engineers as well as academics. They are involved in consultation and research and maintain close links with industry.
3. The Department offers both three year courses leading to the degree ofBachelor2 of Engineering (B. Eng.) and four year courses leading to the degree of Master of Engineering2 (M. Eng.).
4. The first two years of the courses are common to both three- and four-year schemes and cover basic material for practising engineers. The course covers solid mechanics, thermofluids, materials, design, production and computing. There are also courses in mathematics and electronics and in introduction to the role of the engineer in society.
5. The final years of both schemes offer thirty options3 from which students choose five or seven subjects. These options include vehicle dynamics, aerodynamics, energy, analysis of manufacturing processes, biomechanical engineering, noise and vibration control, social and industrial psychology.
6. The courses consist of formal lectures, reinforced by tutorials, laboratory classes and projects, and practical design and computing work. Project work takes the form of assignment which a qualified engineer might be given. The project in the fourth year of the M. Eng. course involves co-operation with industrial engineers.
Пояснения к тексту
1. Mechanical engineering – машиностроение
2. The degree of Bachelor / Master of Engineering – степень Бакалавра / Магистра Технических наук
3. . Options – факультативные предметы; предметы на выбор
VIII. Прочитайте 5, 6 абзацы текста, ответьте на предложенный вопрос.
What does the project in the fourth year of the Master of engineering
Контрольное задание 3
©2015-2020 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. (671)
Почему 1285321 студент выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы