Translate into English using “some”, “any”, much”, “many”, “little”, “few”, “a little”, “a few” or their derivatives
Переведите на английский язык, выбрав правильное местоимение или его производное.
1. В этом стакане слишком мало молока. 2. Сколько у тебя английских книг? 3. Сколько у тебя сыра? 4. Она где-то в саду. 5. Мы никого не видели в зале. 6. Я положила очки где-то здесь. 7. В чайнике нет воды. 8. Хотите чаю? – Да, немного.
Make sentences using “to be going to” construction.
Составьте предложения, используя оборот “to be going to”.
1. I (to finish) this work in a week.
2. He (to meet) my girl.
3. What you (to do) in winter?
4. I hope you (to have) a good time at your friend’s.
Disagree as in the model (both, neither ... nor).
Выразите свое несогласие, используя модель ( both, neither ... nor).
model: We need both fruit and vegetables.
We need neither fruit nor vegetables.
1. He likes both apples and pears.
2. They will cook both dinner and supper.
3. Lucy and Mark both are in danger.
Express the same idea in English (either ... or).
Скажите это по-английски.
1. Или ты извинишься, или я не буду разговаривать с тобой.
2. Ты будешь пить чай или кофе?
3. Я могу позвонить или вечером или утром.
Read the text.
He Was a Philosopher
Time: 399 В. С. Athens.
Charges: impiety and treason
Не was 70 years old,bald-headed, with an absurd pug nose andan unkempt beard. Не wore nothing but а cloak – no shoes, no shirt, no underwear. Не had the merriest of dispositions , no one had ever seen him angry or unkind. Не was very brave: he had served as а foot soldier in four battles.
He was а philosopher. Не did nothing but talk – talk to anyone who would listen to him, in the streets and marketplaces, discussing philosophy with students , sailors ог tradesmen, questioning men about what they believed in and why – always why – and how they could prove it. He met every answer with а new question, and each answer after that with another question. Some Athenians called him а dangerous idler who did nothing but engage "in irony and jest on mankind" . The Oracle at Dеlрhi had called him the wisest man alive, but Socrates, with his cool scepticism, said that his wisdom lау only in this: that unlike other men, he knew how great was his ignorance.
Не refused to accept а penny for teaching. Indeed, he was sure he could never teach anyone anything; he said he tried to teach men how to think.
His enemies hated him. They said he made young minds doubt, if not mock everything, and it was undermining respect for democracy itself.
Ноw did he defend himself?
"I shall not change my conduct even if I must die а hundred deaths ... . Death does not matter, what matters is that I should do no wrong," he said.
They voted him guilty. Тhe prosecutor demanded the death реnаltу. Under the law of Athens it was now for the defendant to propose an alternative. Socrates could suggest that he be exiled. But he did not. Нis friends wanted to smuggle him out of prison but he refused to escape. When his wife Xanthippe broke into hysterics in the death cell, he sent her and his sons away. Не spent his last hours discussing the problems that had always intrigued him: good and evil. His mind was never idle.
When his disciples saw him drink the cup of poison with dignity they wept. Тhе man is gone but the "Socratic" method of questioning and teaching has always bееn respected sinсе then.
Translate the text into Russian in written form.
Письменно переведите текст.
Make up all possible types of questions (general, alternative, disjunctive, special, question to the subject)
Поставьте различные типы вопросов к следующим предложениям, укажите тип вопроса .
1. He refused to accept a penny for teaching.
2. The prosecutor demanded the death penalty.
Answer the questions on the text.
Ответьте на вопросы по тексту.
1. Where did Socrates live?
2. He was usually angry and unkind, wasn’t he?
3. What was his guilt?
4. Did Socrates have any enemies?
5. What did his friends propose when he was in prison?
6. What were the problems that had always intrigued Socrates?
7. How did Socrates die?
К зачету за 2 семестр необходимо подготовить:
1. Устное сообщение, беседа по одной из предложенных тем:
3. Проблемы здоровья.
4. Мой город. (Минск).
2. Тематические вопросы к зачету:
1. Do you like to travel? Why?
2. Do you prefer to travel by train, by bus or by plane? Why?
3. Have you ever been abroad?
4. Where will you go on your next vocation?
5. What shops do you usually go to?
6. How much do you spend each month on food? (transport, entertainment).
7. What did you buy yesterday?
8. Where do you usually buy shoes? (suits, bread, meat ... ).
9. Who is the main shop-goer in your family?
10. Shopping is your hobby, isn’t it? Why?
11. Have you ever had a cold? What are the most common symptoms of it?
12. When did you go to your dentists last?
13. What do you do to keep fit? What activities help you to get fit?
14. Do you smoke a lot?
15. Do you go in for any sports?
16. Do you live in a rural area, a town, or a big city?
17. Where would you like to live?
18. How many people live in your town/city?
19. What places of interest are there in your town/city?
20. Would you like to live and work in your native town?
21. Are you proud of your town/city? Why?
Защита контрольной работы включает умение объяснить употребление любого изученного грамматического явления.
Курс 3 семестр
Для выполнения следующей контрольной работы необходимо повторить
грамматический материал : времена группы Perfect: Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect; сравнительная характеристика группы времен Indefinite, Continuous, Perfect; степени сравнения прилагательных и наречий, союзы as …as, not so … as; модальные глаголы и их эквиваленты; предлог, глагол с послелогом.
©2015-2020 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. (996)
Почему 1285321 студент выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы