Прошедшее простое время
Past Simple употребляется для выражения действия, которое свершалось в прошлом. Употребляется в повествовании о каких – либо событиях, фактах, для перечисления ряда последовательных действий в прошлом.
В разговорной речи используется сокращенная отрицательная форма: didn’t.
Past Simple употребляется с обстоятельствами времени: yesterday – вчера, last year (month, week) – в прошлом году (месяце, неделе), a year ago (a month ago, a week ago) – год назад (месяц назад, неделю назад).
1. Прочитайте и переведите предложения:
1. I worked in a shop last year. 2. We lived in Moscow 5 years ago. 3. Bob wrote a short letter to Mr. Robinson. 4. My father learned me to drive. 5. John gave me some money. 6. He made his report on Monday. 7. She wanted to go to Moscow during the holidays. 8. Our English class began at 9 o’clock. 9. He did the translation without any difficulty.10. We spent the holidays in the country last summer.
2.Прочитайте и переведите предложения:
1. He did not go home after the lecture. 2. Did you go skiing last night? 3. We did not do these exercises.4. With whom did you prepare your homework? 5.Yesterday I did not leave home. 6. What did you do last night? 7. We did not finish our work in time.8. Did your friend see the new film yesterday? 9.I did not see this film. 10. Where did you have supper? 11. We did not know your name.12. Did you watch TV last Sunday? 13. She did not stay with us. 14. At what time did you go to bed? 15. Your son did not become an architect. 16. Did you come home early or late yesterday? 17. It did not rain. 18. What did you do before classes today? 19. Did you get a letter from your friend last week?
Заполните пропуски глаголами в соответствующей форме.
1. The children (play) in the garden yesterday. 2. It (be) cold last week. 3. He (paint) the door. 4. Mary (stay) at home last summer. 5. I (clean) the room yesterday evening. 6. We (look) at those pictures yesterday morning. 7. They (wait) for their friends last Sunday. 8. We (be) at home yesterday. 9. She (want) to talk to them yesterday. 10. He (stay) at the Institute after classes. 11. I (know) all the words very well. 12. She (study) English at the Institute. 13. She (write) the letter. 14. She (make) an interesting report. 15. He (do) the translation without a dictionary.
4. Поставьте сказуемое в прошедшем времени:
Образец:She goes to town every day. – She went to town yesterday.
1. She meets her friends every day. 2. He swims in the river every day. 3. We get up very early every day. 4. They listen to the news every day. 5. I drink some milk every day. 6. The children go to school by car every day. 7. He loses his pen every day.
5. Поставьте предложения в отрицательную и вопросительную форму:
1. Mary liked pop-music. 2. I saw him at the theatre. 3. They went to the cinema three times. 4. I arrived home late last night. 5. My father read a newspaper yesterday.
6. Переведите на английский язык:
1. Вчера я проснулся в 7 утра. 2. У них было двое детей. 3. Мэри не пригласила Боба на вечеринку. 4. Ты видел его в прошлом году? 5. Вчера я ходил в библиотеку. 6. В прошлом году я работал на заводе. 7. Вчера мы пришли домой в 6 и пошли в театр. 8. Месяц назад мой друг получил квартиру в новом районе. 9. На прошлой неделе наши инженеры ездили на завод, чтобы посмотреть новое оборудование. 10. Вчера у меня было много работы.
Yesterday was my day off. I did not work yesterday. I got up at nine o’clock. I washed, dressed, had my breakfast and then sat down to write a letter to my friend. What did I write about? I wrote about my work and studies. In the evening I went to the cinema with my friends.
People spend their days off in different ways. Last Sunday I went to see my sister. My sister met me at the station. On the way home we asked each other a lot of questions about our life and studies. When we came home we had tea and then went for a walk as the weather was fine.
On Sunday we got up later than usual. After breakfast we started on a skiing trip. We went skiing in the forest. When we came back home we were hungry and a little tired. After dinner we had a rest.
I came back to Moscow by the seven o’clock train. After supper I read a little, listened to the 10 o’clock news on the radio and went to bed at 11 o’clock as usual.
A few days ago engineer Belov rang me up. We studied together at the Institute. Sometimes I got letters from him but not very often.
I was glad to hear my friend’s voice again. I wanted to see my friend very much and invited him to come to my place.
He arrived at my place at 8 o’clock. We had many things to talk over, and I invited him to my study. A little later my wife joined us, and during supper we discussed politics, business and the latest news. He left my place late at night. I invited him to stay with us over the week-end. He accepted my invitation with pleasure.
Boris Petrov is an engineer of a Russian foreign-trade organization. He often goes on business with lots of foreign firms.
Last month he was in Great Britain. He went there to sign a contract for the purchase of some equipment. The talks were very difficult. Petrov and the British businessmen discussed prices, terms of delivery, terms of shipment and other business matters. The supplies agreed to reduce the price.
During his trip Petrov visited different plants where he saw the equipment in operation. He attended a 3-day conference on industrial investment policy and financial management and met with consultants from law firms. Boris was lucky with the weather. It was warm and it didn’t rain. He was pleased with the trip.
Будущее простое время
Future Simple употребляется для обозначения действия, которое будет иметь место в будущем.
В разговорной речи используется сокращенная отрицательная форма: shan’t, won’t; утвердительная форма: I’ll, he’ll, we’ll.
Future Simple употребляется с обстоятельствами времени: next year (month) – в следующем году (месяце), next week – на следующей неделе, in 2 days (three months) – через 2 дня (3 месяца); с наречиями: tomorrow – завтра, the day after tomorrow – послезавтра, soon – скоро и др.
1. Прочитайте и переведите предложения:
1. I shall go to England next year. 2. Tom will help you with your homework. 3. I shall become an engineer in two years. 4. The meeting will take place on Monday. 5. Everybody will attend the lecture. 6. They will arrive tomorrow afternoon. 7. My parents will buy a house soon. 8. She will accept your invitation to spend the week-end at your place. 9. Next summer we shall spend much time in the open air. 10. Bill will go to the reading room before classes.
2. Прочитайте и переведите предложения:
1. She will not finish her work next month. 2. We shall not telephone you tomorrow evening. 3. I won’t see you tomorrow. 4. Will you stay at the Institute after classes? 5. What will you do in the evening? 6. The children won’t go for a walk before supper. 7. Will you go to see your friends next month? 8. We shan’t meet him next week. 9. My parents won’t leave for Kiev next week. 10. Where will you go in summer?
3. Поставьте предложения в отрицательную и вопросительную форму:
1. Sam will go on business to Dublin. 2. She will come this evening. 3. I shall send you a telegram. 4. They will read English texts without a dictionary. 5. We shall try to translate this article into English.
©2015 megaobuchalka.ru Все права защищены авторами материалов.
Почему 3458 студентов выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы