Traffic and marketing research
достоинство, сильная сторона опасность, угроза перевозить, транспортировать курс, направление, тенденция
лежать в основе
слабая сторона, недостаток
оптовик, оптовый торговец
канал товародвижения движущая сила прогрессивно мыслящий покупка в рассрочку доля рынка (удельный вес
компании в общем объеме
рыночных продаж) розничная торговая точка правильное сочетание
рыночных факторов общественное устройство исследование рынка
и движения товаров
This means that we put the customer first. We must find out what the customer wants. We carry out market research. We must supply exactly what the customer wants. We can do this by offering the right Marketing Mix: "the Four P's — the right Product at the right Price; available through the right channels of distribution: Place; presented in the right way: Promotion".
Nowadays all divisions of a company are urged to think marketing. We must have a clear idea of: what the customers need, what the customers want, what causes them to buy. The ability to recognise early trends is very important. Producers must know where and for what purpose the consumers buy. Market research helps the producer to predict what people will want. And through advertising he attempts to influence the customer to buy. Marketing operations are very expensive. They take more than half of the consumer's dollar. The trend in the USA has been to high mass consumption. The construction of good shopping centres has made goods available to consumers. It has provided a wide range of merchandise and plenty of parking facilities.
Marketing in a foreign environment often means working around and within a set of constantly changing circumstances. The environment elements include a country's economy, politics, regulations and social make up. Whether you are developing your country's first international marketing plan or revising existing strategies, understanding the foreign environment is crucial to international success.
A company that believes in marketing is forward thinking and doesn't rest on its best achievements. It must be aware of its strengths and weaknesses as well as the opportunities and threats it faces.
A. How are the underlined letters in these pairs of words pronoun
1) movement -— promotion; 2) weakness — threat; 3) division — distribution; 4) crucial — construction; 5) strength — whether.
B. Circle the word in each line which has a different vowel
1) urge series research circumstance
2) storage cause forward concept
3) channel strategy marketing advertising
3. Word Study
A. Find international words in the text and write them out. Learn
B. Give Russian equivalents to the following word combinations:
a driving force; to put the customer first; to be urged to think marketing; to cause the customer to buy; the ability to recognise the early trend; to carry out market research; the right product; all divisions of a company; to have a clear idea of; a forward thinking company; a wide range of merchandise; within a set of constantly changing circumstances; social make up; to rest on the best achievements; to be aware of one's strengths and weaknesses; to face the threats. С Give English equivalents to the word combinations: с одной / другой стороны; исследование рынка и движения товаров; лежать в основе маркетинговых стратегий; учитывать, прежде всего, желание покупателя; правильное сочетание рыночных факторов; каналы распространения; воздействовать через рекламу; массовое потребление; множество мест для стоянки; решающий для международного успеха.
D. Find in the article the synonyms to the following words:
conditions, progressive, danger.
E. Substitute the words and expressions in bold for those which
1. Economists are speaking abouta fall in interest rates in the future.2. We can reach these markets through our existing distribution methods for sending information.3. In many countries there is a ban on the attraction of peoples' attention totobacco products. 4. Most smokers knowthe dangers of smoking. 5. It is extremely importantthat all students develop these basic skills. 6. Mr. Brown strongly advisedher to reconsider her decision. 7. The test is used to determine candidates' strong and weak points.8. The current general tendencyis towards more part-time employment. 9. Nowadays all
companies carry out research to find out what makesthe customer buy the product. 10. All marketing strategy is based onthe idea that the customer's needs and wants are of prime importance.
F. Make nouns from the following verbs. Group the nouns according to the way they are formed:
store, promote, research, urge, weaken, cause, advertise, attempt, predict, recognise, consume, strengthen, regulate, think, achieve, rest, threaten.
A. Study the information in the box.
Must, have (got) to and need to all express strong obligation in their positive forms, but they have different meanings in their negative forms. Mustn't expresses an obligation not to do something. We use it to talk about things that are bad or prohibited. Needn't and don't have toexpress the idea of no obligation. We use them to talk about things that are not necessary. Should, ought to, and shouldn't express weak obligation, so we often use them to make suggestions.
B. Look at the verbs we use to talk about ability and obligation.
Which ones do we use to talk about actions that are: a) necessary; b) not necessary; c) good things to do; d) bad things to do; e) possible; f) impossible?
C. Rewrite each sentence using a modal verb. The first one is done for you.
Example: 1) It is vital we get that order. — We must get that order.
1. It is vital we get that order. 2. We're not able to help you this time. 3. If you want the job, it's important to apply soon. 4. Wouldn't it be possible to pay promptly this time? 5. If you have problems after the guarantee runs out, the supplier is not obliged to help. 6. It is not right for that company to get the order. 7. If a machine breaks down
under guarantee, it is necessary for the company to repair it without extra charge. 8. Perhaps we'll be able to find the fault, if we look. 9. It is possible for them to sell the shares. 10. Experience is essential for this job. 11. Perhaps the switch is broken. 12. After the guarantee period it's only right that they don't charge the full price.
5. Diving Deeper
A. Answer the following questions to discuss the details of the text
1. Has marketing become a driving force in most companies?
2. What business activities does marketing include? 3. Why is marketing
9. What is the role of marketing research? 10. What's the role of the
B. Finish the sentences according to the text.
1. Marketing is concerned with ... . 2. Marketing consists of ... .
3. The marketing concept, which ... . 4. The right Marketing Mix
10. A forward thinking company is the one which ....
A. Prove the statements using the information from the text.
• Marketing has got a complex structure.
• There is a marketing concept underlying all marketing strategy.
• Companies are urged to think marketing.
• Marketing operations are very expensive.
• The trend in the USA has been to high mass consumption.
• Understanding the foreign environment is crucial to international success.
• A company that believes in marketing is forward thinking.
©2015 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав.
Почему 1285321 студент выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы