Ex. 28. Put the verbs in brackets into present continuous
This is London airport. Many people 1) are waiting (wait) to go on holiday. The woman at the check-in desk 2) __________ (take) the passengers’ tickets and she 3) __________ (ask) them some questions. At “Passport Control” a man who 4) ___________ (wear) a uniform
5) _________ (look) at everyones’s passports. Some people 6) __________ (sit) on chairs and while they 7) ____________ (wait) they 8) ___________ (read) books or magazines. There is a bar where a man 9) ____________ (serve) tea and coffee. Outside, a plane 10) ______________
(take off) and another one 11) _____________ (come down). Some men 12) __________ (put) the passengers’ bags onto another plane. A man who 13) ______________ (leave) 14) ____________ (say) goodbye to the family.
Ex. 29. Write negative sentences as in the example:
1. Andres is reading a newspaper. (book) He isn’t reading a book._________
2. The boys are playing with the dog. (cat) _
3. Massimo is going to school. (cinema) _
4. The teacher is talking to Mrs Huston. (Mrs Morton) ______________________________
5. The men are riding horses. (bicycles) _
6. The girl is eating an apple. (orange) _
7. John is washing his car. (bicycle) _
8. Mary is cooking breakfast. (dinner) _
9. The children are watching cartoons. (news) _
Ex. 30. What’s happening at the moment? Write true sentences.
1. (I / wash / my hair) I’m not washing my hair._________________________
2. (it / snow) It is snowing._____
3. (I / sit / on a chair) ________________________
4. (I / eat) _
5. (it / rain) ________________________________
6. (I / learn / English) ________________________
7. (I / listen / to the radio) _____________________
8. (the sun / shine) ___________________________
9. (I / wear / shoes) __________________________
10. (I / smoke / a cigarette) ____________________
11. (I / read / a newspaper) ____________________
Ex. 31. Write positive or negative short answers ( Yes, I am / No, it isn’t etc.).
1. Are you watching TV? No, I’m not. 5. Are you eating something? __________
2. Are you wearing snikers? ___________ 6. Are you felling well? _______________
3. Are you wearing a hat? _____________ 7. Is the sun shining? _________________
4. Is it raining? _____________________ 8. Is your mother watching you? ________
Ex. 32. Write sentences as in example.
1. The children / have / breakfast. The children are having breakfast now.
2. She / watch TV. ____
3. They / come / out of the house. ____
4. Mary / write / a letter? ____
5. The boys / run / to school. ____
6. Mother / make / a cake. ____
7. The girls / sit / in the living room? ____
8. We / not / go / to the cinema. ____
9. Tom and Jane / sing / a song? ____
10. My brother / not / listen / to the radio. ____
11. They / clean / the house? ____
12. Jim / ride / a bicycle. ____
13. She / work / in the garden now? ____
14. My family / have / tea? ____
Ex. 33. Choose the correct tense form (present simple or present continuous).
1. I’m sorry, I (am not agreeing / don’t agree) with you.
2. (Are you looking / do you look) for me?
3. (Do you prefer / are you preferring) walking to cycling?
4. She (has / is having) plenty of money just now.
5. I (don’t like / am not liking) him.
6. I (hear / am hearing) you are leaving us.
7. I’m afraid I (am not remembering / don’t remember) where we met.
8. I (am hating / hate) cold evenings.
9. He (knows / is knowing) you are wrong.
10. I (feel / am feeling) she is making a mistake.
11. The money (isn’t belonging / doesn’t belong) to me.
12. I (want / is wanting) a drink of water.
13. What (is this meaning / does it mean)?
14. What (are you thinking / do you think) about the new sports centre?
15. It (looks / is looking) as if it’s going to rain.
Ex. 34. Put the beginnings from a) with the endings from b) to make sentences.
1. He is always arguing a. a party in one of the houses.
2. He’s always giving people b. with his left hand.
3. James is always having colds c. as if I’m an encyclopaedia.
4. His wife is always buying d. my children to look for them
5. She’s always saying e. where Tom is always chasing Jerry.
6. He’s always writing f. and chest problems.
7. Someone is always giving g. small presents.
8. I hate those cartoons h. our former neighbours in the
9. My aunt is always i. she wishes she was prettier.
10. She’s always ringing j. or fighting.
and asking me a lot of questions
11. We’re always meeting k. new clothes.
12. I’m always looking for my l. making up stories about people.
glasses and asking
PRESENT CONTINUOUS AND PRESENT SIMPLE FOR FUTURE PLANNED ACTIONS
Ex. 35. Look at Doctor Hamilton’s notes and make up dialogues as in the example.
Example: Mr Carter / X-ray Monday.
Student 1: Is Mr Carter having X-ray on Monday?
Student 2: No, he isn’t.
Student 1: When is he having then?
Student 2: On Tuesday.
1 Mr Paker / go home Wednesday.
2 Mrs Walker / blood test this morning.
3 Miss Stanton / see physiotherapist Monday.
4 Mr Cobb / see specialist Tuesday.
5 Mrs Trenchard / start new treatment Thursday.
Ex. 36. Write questions. All the sentences are future.
1 (you / go out tonight?) Are you going out tonight______________________________?
2 (you / work / next week?) ____________________?
3 (what / you / do / tomorrow evening?) __________?
4 (what time / Bob and Sue / come?) _____________?
5 (when / Liz / go / on holiday?) _________________?
6. (you / play bridge / tonight / with Tom and Ann?) __
7. (when / you / give a party?) ___________________?
8. (what month / your sister / get married?) _________?
9. (she / arrive / today?) ________________________?
Ex. 37. Use the words in brackets to write sentences. All the sentences are future. Use
present continuous (he is leaving etc.) or present simple (it leaves etc.).
1. (I / not / go out / tonight) I’m not going out tonight.______________________________
2. (the concert / start / at 8.15) The concert starts at 8.15.__________________________
3. (I / meet / my friends this evening) ______________
4. (Tom / not come / to the party on Thursday) _______
5. (The English course / finish / on 10 May) _________
6. (my sister / get married next December) __________
7. (I / not go / to London tomorrow) _______________
8. (my train / leave / at 8.45) _____________________
These sentences are questions. All the sentences are future.
9. (what time / the train / leave) What time ________?
10. (what time / you / leave / tomorrow?) ___________?
11. (when / they / get marries?) ___________________?
12. (when / the next English course / begin?) ________?
PRESENT CONTINUOUS AND PRESENT SIMPLE
I am doing I do
©2015 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав.
Почему 1285321 студент выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы