Ex. 76. Put the verbs in brackets into past simple or past continuous
1. I lit the fire at 6.00 and it _____________ (burn) brightly when Tom came in at 7.00.
2. You looked very busy when I ___________(see) you last time.
3. I _________________ (make) a cake when the light went out..
4. When we were in the country last summer I _____________(go) to the wood every day.
5. He _____________ (watch) TV when the phone rang.
6. They _______________(meet) at the station two hours ago.
7. We ___________________(discuss) the latest news from three till four yesterday.
8. I ________________(clean) my teeth and _________________ (go) to bed.
9. My dog ________________ (walk) along quietly when Mr Pitt's Pekinese attacked him.
10. When I arrived she __________________ (have) lunch.
11. I ______________(begin) repairing my camera at six o’clock yesterday.
12. He _____________ (play) the guitar outside her house when someone opened the window
and _____________ (throw) out a bucket of water.
13. When my father ________(come) home yesterday, my mother ____________(make) supper.
14. Rate __________(not go) for a walk yesterday. She _____________(write) a composition
the whole day.
15. My friend ______________(invite) me to the cinema and I _______________(accept) his
invitation with pleasure.
16. When I _____________ (look) for my passport I _____________ (find) this old photograph.
17. When I _____________(go) to school yesterday, I ________(meet) Mike and Pete. They
______________(talk) and ____________(laugh). They told me a funny story. Soon I
______________(laugh), too. I still _______________(laugh) when we __________(come)
to school. After school I ____________(tell) this story at home. My father and mother
_______________(like) it very much.
Ex. 77. Open the brackets. Use past simple or past continuous.
1. I ______________(open) the shutters and_______________ (look) out. The car
__________________________(stand) where I had left it.
2. Suddenly I ____________(realize) that they _______________(not /pay) attention to me any
longer. They _____________________(mutter) something and all_________________ (look)
in the same direction. I ____________(turn) my head and __________________(look) where
they all ______________________(look). A man ___________________(come) slowly down
a steep little street that ______________________(lead) uphill between the house on my right.
3. On my left I ____________(see) the lights of the first house of the village. And I __________
(hurry) towards it through the wood when a sudden flash of light __________(make) me stop.
4. At that time I _______________________(look) for the job.
5. Miss Nobs ____________(not /see) him leave the house. At half past four she _____________
(make) herself a cup of tea in a small recess off the main corridor.
6. The idea first_______________ (occur) to me that afternoon as I _______________________
(back) the car into the garage.
7. I probably ____________(drop) the key when I ___________________(fish) for small change
in my bag at the news-stand.
8. All through the night I _______________(hear) them work, open drawers, drag cases over
the floor. They ______________________ (pack).
THE FUTURE CONTINUOUS TENSE
Future Continuousобразуется при помощи вспомогательного глагола to be в форме будущего времени (will be)и формы причастия настоящего времени смыслового глагола.: I will be working, they will be working.
Future Continuousупотребляется для выражения длительного действия, которое будет совершаться в определенный момент в будущем.
I will be working in the garden Завтра весь день я буду работать в саду.
all day tomorrow.
This time tomorrow I will be lyingЗавтра в это время я буду лежать на
on the beach. пляже.
Ex. 78. Put the verbs in brackets into future continuous.
1. This time next month I ________________________(sit) on the beach.
2. In a hundred years’ time people ________________________(go) to Mars for their holidays.
3. The garden __________________________(look) the best next month.
4. When you next see me I ____________________________(wear) my new dress.
5. Don’t ring her up at 6.00, she ______________________________(put) her children to bed.
6. That football club has lost some of its players. They _________________(look) for new men.
7. It’s a serious injury but he ___________________________(walk) again in six weeks.
8. This time next Friday I ___________________________(repair) my car.
9. At six o’clock in the evening I _________________________(meet) my mother at the station.
10. Don’t come to me. I’m leaving tonight. I _________________(pack) my things all day long.
11. During the holidays we ______________________________(live) in a hotel.
12. This time tomorrow we ____________________________(move) to a new flat.
13. I’m afraid I won’t be able to come to your birthday party on Saturday.
I _____________________________(look) after my little sister.
14. Tom ___________________________(play) computer games from 10 till 12 in the morning.
15. Alice has got a cold. She ___(not sing) at the concert.
16. Jimmy has bought a new car. He ____________________(drive) it the whole day tomorrow.
17. This time tomorrow evening I____________________________ (watch) an interesting
football match on TV.
Ex. 79. What are some of the things you will be doing at these times:
1. 7.30 tomorrow morning
2. 7.15. tomorrow evening
3. 10.30 next Sunday morning
4. 8.00 this evening
5. this time next week
Ex. 80. Pretend you are a husband bombarded with your wife’s reproaches.
a) promise her to do all these things;
B) specify the time (up to the day and the hour) when you’ll be doing it.
Example: - You never clean the carpets!
- I promise I’ll clean them soon.
I’ll be cleaning them tomorrow at 7 o’clock.
©2015 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав.
Почему 3458 студентов выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы