УПРАЖНЕНИЯ НА ВСЕ ВИДО-ВРЕМЕННЫЕ ФОРМЫ АНГЛИЙСКОГО ГЛАГОЛА
Ex. 113. Put the verbs in brackets into one of the present tense form.
1. Look! She __________________( wear) the same shoes as me.
2. Vegetarians are people who ___________________(not eat) meat.
3. Someone ___________________(take) my bicycle.
4. I often ____________(see) him but I never ________________(speak) to him.
5. I ______________(buy) a new carpet. Come and look at it.
6. It ____________________(not rain) here since March.
7. My friends ______________(like) meat but ___________________(not like) fish.
8. Where is Tom? - He _________________(lie) under the car.
9. She’s a school teacher. She _________________(teach) maths.
10. How long you ____________________(live) here?
11. How often you ___________________(fall) in love?
12. The postman usually ________________(come) at 9 in the morning.
13. Hey! Somebody _____________________(drink) my coffee! My cup was full.
14. I _____________________(sit) here in the park for an hour, and I ___________(meet) three
friends of mine.
15. I already __________________(break) two plates. Shall I go on washing up?
16. I have a car but I ___________________(not use) it very often.
17. They __________________________(talk) so loudly that we can’t really hear your words.
18. Phil is happy. He___________________ (find) a new job.
19. Alice never ________________(go) to work by bus.
20. I ________________(lose) my key. I must look for it in my bag.
21. You __________________(make) a lot of noise. Please, be quiet.
22. Look! The man __________________(try) to open the door of your car.
23. What time the children ___________________(come) out of school, as a rule?
24. I _____________(ask) you to mend this window since summer. When are you going to do it?
25. It’s a lovely day. The sun __________________(shine) and the birds ______________(sing).
Ex. 114. Put the verbs in brackets into one of the past tense form.
1. When I arrived at his house he still _______________________(sleep).
2. A few months ago they _______________(begin) to build a new block of flats in this street.
3. They _____________________________(walk) in the park for an hour when it began to rain.
4. When the door-bell __________(ring) he __________(stand up) and _______(go) to the door.
5. The fire still ______________________(burn) at 6 o’clock this morning.
6. Last summer I _______________(visit) Riga. I ______________(enjoy) my trip very much.
7. She cut her finger while she ____________________(cut) the bread and butter.
8. He ___________________(come) home by 6 o’clock yesterday.
9. When _______she ___________(speak) to him? - She ___________(speak) to him last week.
10. The car already ______________(go) when I ______________(look) into the street.
11. I _____________(meet) him when he __________________(cross) the street.
12. Last term Ann ________________(make) good progress in her English.
13. When I ____________(get) out, the sun _______________________(shine).
14. Ann ___________(buy) herself a new dress yesterday. She __________(pay) 3 pounds for it.
15. They _______________(eat) everything by the time I ______________(arrive) at the party.
16. Mary _____________________(work) in the shop for 5 years before she became a manager.
17. Our grandmother _____________________(cook) dinner from twelve till two yesterday.
18. They ___________________________(walk) in the park for an hour when it began to rain.
19. This time yesterday I ___________________(lie) on the beach.
20. They __________________(reach) the river by sunset.
21. Ken _________________________(smoke) for 30 years when he finally gave it up.
22. I saw Carol at the party. She ________________________(wear) a really beautiful dress.
23. He _________________(live) in Spain when he was a child.
24. She couldn’t find the book I ___________________(lend) her.
25. I saw Jim in the park. He ______________(sit) on the grass and ____________(read) a book.
Ex. 115. Put the verb into the correct form: present simple (I do), present continuous
(I am doing), past simple (I did) or past continuous (I was doing).
1. We can go out now. It __isn’t raining__ (not / rain) any more.
2. Catherine ___________________ (wait) for me when I _________________(arrive).
3. I ______________________(get) hungry. Let’s go and have something to eat.
4. What _______________________ (you / do) in your spare time? Do you have any hobby?
5. The weather was horrible when we ____________________ (arrive). It was cold and it
______________________ (rain) hard.
6. Lousie usually ____________ (phone) me on Fridays, but she _______________(not/ phone)
7. A: When I last saw you, you ______________________ (think) of moving to a new flat.
B: That’s right, but in the end I ______________________(decide) to stay were I was.
8. Why _________________________(you / look) at me like that? What’s the matter?
9. It’s usually dry here at this time of the year. It ___________________(not / rain) much.
10. The phone _________________(ring) three times while we ____________________(have)
dinner last night.
11. Linda was busy when we _________________(go) to see her yesterday. She had an exam
today and she _____________________(prepare) for it. We ________________________
(not want) to disturb her, so we ____________________(not / stay) very long.
12. When I first _______________(tell) Tom the news, he ________________(not / believe) me.
He _________________(think) that I _____________________(joke).
Ex. 116. Put the verb into the correct form: past simple (I did), past continuous
(I was doing), past perfect (I had done)or past perfect continuous (I had been doing).
1. Yesterday afternoon Sarah ________________(go) to the station to meet Paul. When she
________________(get) there, Paul ___________________________(already / wait) for her.
His train ____________________(arrive) earlier.
2. When I got home, Bill ____________________(lie) on the sofa. The television was on, but he
(not / watch) it. He ___________________ (fall) asleep and ____________________(snore)
loudly. I ____________(turn) the television off and just then he ______________(wake up).
3. Last night I ________________(just / go) to bed and ______________________(read) a book
when suddenly I ______________(hear) a noise. I _____________(get) up to see what it was,
but I ____________________(not / see) anything, so I ________________(go) back to bed.
4. Lisa had to go to New York last week, but she almost ___________________(miss) the train.
She ________________________(stand) in a queue at the check-in-desk when she suddenly
____________________(realize) that she ______________________(leave) her passport at
home. Fortunately she lives near the airport, so she __________________(have) time to take
a taxi home to get it. She ______________(get) back to the airport just in time for her flight.
5. I _______________(meet) Peter and Lucy yesterday as I ______________________(walk)
through the park. They _____________________(be) to the Sports Center where they
__________________________(play) tennis. They __________________(go) to a cafe and
__________________(invite) me to join them, but I _________________________(arrange)
to meet another friend and _________________________(not / have) time.
Ex. 117. Put the verbs in brackets into one of the future tense form.
1. This time next month I ___________________________(bath) in the Baltic sea.
2. By the 8th of April my mother ____________________(work) at school for twenty years.
3. I’m tired. I think, I ______________(go) to bed.
4. I _______________________(work) in the library all day tomorrow.
5. At four o’clock on Tuesday afternoon we _______________________(fly) over Paris.
6. They_____________________ (be) free in some minutes.
7. This time next week they __________________________(go) to the Crimea by train.
8. She __________________(change) her books in the library tomorrow.
9. They ______________________(build) the road by the end of the year.
10. Ring me up at 4 o’clock. I__________________ (have) dinner by this time and we
________________(go) to the concert.
11. – It’s too late to telephone Tom now. – OK. We __________(telephone) him in the morning.
12. When you come in the evening we ______________________(pack) our things.
13. I promise, I __________________(meet) you at the station.
14. We’ll come at 5 o’clock. – OK, I ____________________________(wait) for you.
15. It _________________(stop) raining soon.
16. Susan _______________________(type) from 6 o’clock until 8 o’clock this evening.
17. Young Billy is growing up. By this time next year he ___________________(begin) school.
18. Don’t phone me tomorrow morning. I __________________________(work) on my report.
19. We ______________________________(fly) for twelve hours by the time the plane lands.
20. By this summer we ________________________(read) all the stories in the book.
21. I hope, you ______________________(not forget) to bring me back my umbrella.
22. Before the end of his holiday Bill _____________________(spend) all his money.
23. You __________________(see) us in the park.
©2015 megaobuchalka.ru Все права защищены авторами материалов.
Почему 3458 студентов выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы