Ex. 103. Put the verbs in brackets into future perfect or futures simple
1. By next June he ____________________ (write) his second novel.
2. He _______________ (finish) this work before you _______________ (leave).
3. By the end of the summer she ____________________ (teach) us to speak Italian.
4. The meeting ______________ (finish) by the time we ______________ (get) there.
5. I ____________ (do) my homework tomorrow.
6. By next week he ___________________ (sell) all his furniture.
7. I hope it _______________________ (stop) raining by 5 o'clock.
8. The builder says he ___________________ (finish) the roof by Saturday.
9. The car _______________ (do) 100,000 miles soon.
10. They_______________________ (build) the road by the end of the year.
11. In a couple of years the children __________ (leave) home and we __________(buy)
a smaller house.
12. He ____________________ (take) his exam by his next birthday.
Ex. 104. Put the verbs in brackets into future continuous or future perfect.
1. Don’t phone between 7 and 8. ____we’ll be having__ (we / have) dinner then.
2. Phone me after 8 o’clock. _______________________(we / finish) dinner by then.
3. Tomorrow afternoon we’re going to play tennis from 3 o’clock until 4.30. So, at
4 o’clock ___________________________(we / play) tennis.
4. Ben is on holiday and he is spending his money very quickly. If he continuous like this,
_________________________ (he / spend) all his money before the end of his holiday.
5. Do you think ______________________________(you / still / do) the same job in ten
6. Laura is from New Zealand. She is travelling around Europe at the moment. So far she
has traveled about 1,000 miles. By the end of the trip, __________________________
(she / travel) more than 3,000 miles.
7. If you need to contact me, ___________________________ (I / stay) at the Lion Hotel
8. A: _____ (you / see) Laura tomorrow?
B: Yes, probably. Why?
A: I borrowed this CD from her. Can you give it back to her?
THE PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS TENSE
Present Perfect Continuousобразуется при помощи вспомогательного глагола to be в форме Present Perfect (have been, has been) и формы причастия настоящего времени (Present Participle) смыслового глагола: I have been working,hehas been working,wehave been working.
Отрицательная форма – I / you / we / they haven’t been working
He /she hasn’t been working
Вопросительная форма - HaveI (you / we / they) been working?
Hashe / shebeen working?
Present Perfect Continuousупотребляется для выражения длительного действия, которое началось в прошлом и еще совершается в настоящее время. При употреблении этого времени всегда указан период времени, в течение которого совершается действие.
Present Perfect Continuous употребляется с такими обозначениями времени, как for an hour (a month, a long time)в течение часа (месяца, долго времени), since yesterdayсо вчерашнего дня, since five o’clockс пяти часов и т.п., а также в вопросах, начинающихся с how long?как долго (давно)?
It has been raining for two hours. Дождь идет уже два часа.
The students have been writingСтуденты пишут тестс 9 часов.
the test since 9 o’clock.
How long haveyoubeen livingСколько времени вы живете в Лондоне?
Ex. 105. Put the verbs in brackets into present perfect continuous.
1. Her phone _______________(ring) for ten minutes. I wonder why she doesn't answer.
2. Have you seen my bag anywhere? I ___________________________(look) for it for ages.
3. He ____________________________(study) Russian for two years and doesn't even
know the alphabet yet.
4. - How long _________ you __________________(wait) for me?
- I __________________________(wait) about half an hour.
5. It _____________________________(rain) for two days now. There'll be a flood soon.
6. We ______________________(argue) about this for two hours now. Perhaps we should stop!
7. You ____________________________(drive) all day. Let me drive now.
8. How long you ___________________________(smoke) cigarettes?
9. It _________________________(snow) for three days now. The roads will be blocked if it
doesn’t stop soon.
10. Ann _________________________(look) for a job for 6 months.
11. Where are the Browns? – They are traveling round the Europe.
- How long ___________they __________________________(travel) round the Europe?
12. Peter ___________________________(live) in Africa for the last three years.
13. I ________________________(sit) here waiting for you for nearly an hour.
I’ve already drunk four whiskies.
14. It _(not rain) for a month now. The grass is very dry.
15. I ________________________________(go) to this pub every evening for the last ten years.
16. You ______________________________(lie) in the sun for two hours. You will get burned.
17. I _______________________________(prepare) lessons for tomorrow for two hours and
I haven’t finished yet.
18. Where is the key? I ____________________________(look) for it for half an hour.
19. How long __________you ________________________(repair) your car? – Since morning.
20. Jim has a beard. He ___________________________(wear) it for ten years.
PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS AND PRESENT PERFECT
I have been doing I have done
Ex. 106. For each situation, write two sentences using the words in brackets.
1. Tom started reading a book two hours ago. He is still reading it and now he is on page 13.
(read / for two hours) __He has been reading for two hours.__________
(read / 53 pages so far) ____He has read 53 pages so far._____________
2. Rachel is from Australia. She is traveling around Europe at the moment. She began her
trip three months ago.
(travell / for three months) __________________
(visit / six countries so far) __________________
3. Patrick is a tennis player. He began playing tennis when he was ten years old. This year
he is a national champion again – for the fourth time.
(win / the national championships / four times) __
(play / tennis since he was ten) _______________
4. When they left college, Lisa and Sue started making films together. They still make films.
(make / five films since they left college) ______
(make / films since they left college)__________
5. Laura started the washing machine up an hour ago. There are now 30 clean shirts in the
(wash / for an hour) _______________________
(wash / 30 shirts so far) ____________________
6. The tourist came into the old town two hours ago. He is leaving now with 60 new
(take / 60 photographs) ____________________
(travelling / for two hours) _________________
©2015-2020 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. (1575)
Почему 1285321 студент выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы