V . Перепишите следующие предложения, переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на особенности перевода причастий.
1. The free market economies changes in price are never results of regulatations imposed by governments.
2. Knowing that their resources are limited, people make a decision how to allocate them in the best possible way.
3. The developing counties hope that the industrial countries will raise imports from the less developed countries imposing tariffs on imports from other industrial countries.
4. Income is money of all kinds coming in regularity to a person, family or organization.
5. Outdoor advertising is one of the fastest growing segments, having doubled its market share in recent years.
6. Calvin Klein has, for a long time, had problems with counterfeiters selling poor quality merchandise bearing his brand name.
VI. Перепишите и письменно переведите текст .
Payments in international trade
With any form of international trade it is essential to ensure that payment will be received in accordance with the terms of the underlying commercial contract. The most secure and established methods of settling international trade transactions are:
• by documentary letters of credit and
• by documentary collection bills.
Documentary letters of credit are opened by the importer's bank with a bank in the exporter's country, usually the importing bank's correspondent in the exporting country. Exporters submit to the bank in their country all the shipping, insurance and other documents specified in the letter of credit issued by the importer's bank. If the documents are in order the bank in the exporting country will credit the exporters with the proceeds. The proceeds are reimbursed-by the importer's bank in due course.
Documentary collection bills are presented to the importer's bank or its correspondent by the exporters together with all the shipping, insurance and other documents, specified in the contract. If the documents are in order the importers instruct their bank to pay and they collect the shipping documents then.
There are a few ways of transferring money from bank to bank. In the recent past these ways were:
• mail transfers and
• telegraphic transfers.
Now these two types of messages are practically replaced by SWIFT messages. SWIFT stands for the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication. It is a network serving now more than 3,000 banks in about 100 countries. It speeds up payment messages between banks immensely. If sending and receiving banks are both 'logged-in', a message can be delivered in under 20 seconds. Over 1 million messages are sent every day via the computers of SWIFT and its member banks.
The role of correspondent banks is permanently growing. They facilitate and expedite international payments. A correspondent bank is one which carries a deposit balance for another bank located in another city or country and engages in an exchange of services with that bank.
Words and expressions
VII . Ответьте на вопросы по содержанию текста.
What ways of transferring money exist in the world?
What are the advantages of SWIFT messages?
VIII . Перепишите и письменно переведите текст.
In the evening when Anton returned to the hotel he had a telephone call from Coventry, located to the north of London. It was a call from Mr. Snow, a business associate of the Russian company for whom Anton worked.
Mr Snow: Mr. Smirnov, I'm calling to send my apologies to Mr. Nikolaev, your chief, for our default.
Anton: Don't worry we have received your payment and everything seems all right. I spoke with Mr. Nikolaev before my departure. He does not bear any grudges against you.
Mr. Snow: I'm very glad to hear that. But still I want to assure you that such things will never happen again.
Anton: Good. I'll pass it on to Mr. Nikolaev on my return to Moscow.
Here are two letters relating to the default mentioned by Mr. Snow received and sent by him some time before this talk took place:
Words and expressions
IX . Ответьте на вопросы по содержанию текста.
1. Why were the payments delayed by one of the companies?
2. What did the defaulting party do to restore good relations with their partner?
Контрольная работа №2
©2015-2020 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. (183)
Почему 1285321 студент выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы