UNIT 7 НЕЛИЧНЫЕ ФОРМЫ ГЛАГОЛА
(NON-FINITE FORMS OF THE VERB)
Частица to с инфинитивом не употребляется:
1. После модальных глаголов:
You can’tdo it.
You mustconsult the doctor.
2. После глаголов to let, to make(= to force – заставлять).
Let’s be friends. Давай будем друзьями.
If he calls, let me know.Если он позвонит, дай мне знать.
He made me laugh. Он меня рассмешил.
What makes you think so? Что заставляет тебя так думать?
3. В сложном дополнении после глаголов восприятия (to see, to hear, to feel, to watch, etc.)
She heard him enter the room. Она слышала, как он вошел в комнату.
I felt my heart jump.Я почувствовал как мое сердце подпрыгнуло.
4. После выражений: had better (…лучше бы), would rather/ sooner (…бы, пожалуй /
предпочел бы), cannot but (не могу не …).
You had bettergo there at once. Вам бы лучше пойти туда немедленно.
I would rather stay at home. Я бы, пожалуй, (предпочел бы) остаться дома.
I can’t but think about it. Не могу не думать об этом.
Ex. 256. Insert “to”where necessary before the infinitive in brackets.
1. I can’t ________________(see) anything. It’s so dark.
2. Let’s ________________(go) to Rome for our holiday.
3. We’d love __________________(meet) your wife.
4. Could you __________________(tell) me the time, please?
5. Keep working. Don’t let me _________________(interrupt) you.
6. John forgot ___________________(turn off) the lights when he went to bed.
7. I felt the house _______________(shake) with the explosion.
8. He made us ___________________(wait) for hours.
9. May I _______________(use) your phone?
10. The teacher usually lets us ______________ (use) our dictionary to do the translations.
11. If you want___________(get) there before dark, you should ___________(start) at once.
12. If you can’t __________ (remember) his number, you’d better __________ (look) it up.
13. I heard the door _________(open) and saw a shadow _________(move) across the floor.
14. I want ______________(see) the house where our president was born.
15 Please let me _________________(know) your decision as soon as possible.
16. I couldn’t ______________(ride) a bike until I was eight, but I learnt _____________(swim)
when I was three.
17. I made my brother ________________ (carry) my suitcase.
18. Would you rather __________(be) more stupid than you look or __________(look) more
stupid than you are?
19. We must _______________(send) him a telegram.
20. You can ______________(leave) your dog with us if you don’t ________________(want)
_______________(take) him with you.
21. You’ll be able __________________(do) it yourself when you are older.
22. “Thanks,” Andrew answered, “I’d rather ______________(see) the cases myself.”
23. He wouldn’t let my baby ________________ (play) with his gold watch.
24. He should __________(know) how ________(use) the film projector, but if he doesn’t
you had better ____________(show) him.
25. You needn’t ______________(say) anything. Just nod your head and he will _____________
26. I saw the driver _________(open) his window and __________(throw) a box into the bushes.
27. Before he let us ____________ (go) he made us ____________ (promise) not to tell anybody
what we had seen.
28. I’m sorry ________________(disappoint) you but I can’t ______________(let) you
_____________(have) any more till the end of the month.
29. Could you help me ____________ (find) the book I need?
30. What made you _________________(think) so?
31. Please let me ___________ (know) your decision as soon as possible.
32. He would sooner ___________(die) than betray his friends.
ПЕРЕВОД ИНФИНИТИВА НА РУССКИЙ ЯЗЫК
Ex. 257. Translate into Russian. Pay attention to Active Infinitive and Passive Infinitive.
1. Nature has many secrets to be discovered yet.
2. To improve your phonetics you should record yourself and analyze your speech.
3. This is the book to be read during the summer holidays.
4. To play chess was his greatest pleasure.
5. To be instructed by such a good specialist was a great advantage.
6. The child didn’t like to be washed.
7. Isn’t it natural that we like to be praised and don’t like to be scolded?
8. Which is more pleasant: to give or to be given presents?
9. He is very forgetful, but he doesn’t like to be reminded of his duties.
Ex. 258. Translate into Russian. Pay attention to Perfect Infinitive.
1. I’m awfully glad to have met you.
2. I’m very happy to have had the pleasure of making your acquaintance.
3. I’m sorry to have kept you waiting.
4. Sorry not to have noticed you.
5. I’m sorry to have added some more trouble by what I’ve told you.
6. When Clyde looked at the girl closely, he remembered to have seen her in Sondra’s company.
7. The child was happy to have been brought home.
8. Jane remembered to have been told a lot about Mr. Rochester.
9. I’m sorry to have spoilt your mood.
10. Maggie was very sorry to have forgotten to feed the rabbits.
Ex. 259. Use the infinitive in brackets in the required form.
1. He seems ___________________(to read) a lot.
2. He seems ____________________(to read) now.
3. He seems ____________________________ (to read) since morning.
4. He seems ____________________________(to read) all the books in the library.
5. I want _________________(to take) you to the concert.
6. I want _____________________(to take) to the concert by my mother.
7. She hoped ____________________(to help) her friends.
8. She hoped ____________________(to help) by the friends.
9. We expect ______________(to be) back in two days.
10. He expected ______________________(to help) by the teacher.
11. The children seem _______________________(to play) since morning.
12. I am glad _________________(to do) all the homework yesterday.
13. I am sorry _____________________(to break) your pen.
©2015 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав.
Почему 3458 студентов выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы