Generous impatient helpful persistent selfish reliable optimistic stubborn
Read and translate.
Bruce is definitely a sociable man. He has a lot of friends because he is always cheerful, reliable and ready to help anyone in need. When it comes to dangerous situations, Bruce always acts quite bravely. For example, a few weeks ago he saved a little boy’s life by pulling him out of the path of a speeding truck. When it comes to giving advice, he is always very helpful and supportive. However, he can be rather aggressive, especially when he is driving – sometimes he drives so carelessly that his friends are too frightened to get in the car with him.
Объектный падеж местоимений. В английском языке личные местоимения имеют объектный падеж.
Личные местоимения в английском языке употребляются в функции прямого и косвенного дополнения. Прямое дополнение отвечает на вопросы whom? (кого?).
We know him. Мы знаем его.
Косвенное дополнение отвечает на вопрос to whom? (кому?).
Give me your pen. Дай мне твою ручку.
В английском языке косвенное дополнение обычно предшествует прямому. В тех случаях, когда косвенное дополнение стоит после прямого, оно употребляется с предлогом to.
I give her money. Я даю ей деньги.
I give money to her. Я даю деньги ей.
Look at the word order with the verb to give.
They are giving Mary a prize. They are giving a prize to Mary.
They are giving her a prize. They are giving a prize to her.
They are giving it to Mary. They are giving it to her.
Write the words in these sentences in the right order.
1. him give please book the ___
2. always gives presents her he ________________________________
3. to me please it give ___
4. Joy they giving present to a are _____________________________
5. present Joy they giving are a ________________________________
6. typewriter Christmas for him a giving is she ____________________
7. him to she gives sometimes them ____________________________
8. you give can me file the please ______________________________
Complete the sentences using the proper pronouns.
1. Rita has a book. She bought it last week.
2. I know the new students, but Tony doesn’t know _______ yet.
3. I wrote a letter, but I can’t send ______ because I don’t have a stamp.
4. Tom is in Canada. I like to get letters from ______.
5. Ann is my neigbour. I talk to _______ every day.
6. Yoko and I are going to go to downtown this afternoon. Do you want to come with ______?
7. Do you know Kate and Judy? – Yes, ____ do. I live near ________.
8. Would Jim and you like to come to the movie with us? – Yes, ____ would. Jim and _____ would enjoy going to the movie with______.
Make up sentences using the words from the table.
Give me some clean paper.
Finish the sentences with him/her/them.
1. I don’t know those women. Do you know …..them……?
2. I don’t know that man. Do you know ………………….?
3. I don’t know those managers. Do you know ……………?
4. I don’t know Fred’s assistant. Do you know ……………?
5. I don’t know her children. Do you know ……………….?
6. I don’t know Sheila’s secretary. Do you know ………….?
7. I don’t know Mr Stevens. Do you know ……………….?
8. I don’t know Mrs Baker. Do you know ……………….?
Finish the sentences. Use I/me/we/us/you/he/him/she/her/they/them/it.
1. Who is that woman? Why are you looking at ….her…….?
2. “Do you know that man?” “Yes, I work with …………”
3. I’m talking to you. Please, listen to ………..
4. These photographs are nice. Do you want to look at ………?
5. I like that camera. I’m going to buy ……… .
6. Where are the tickets? I can’t find ………… .
7. We’re going out. Would you like to come with……… .
8. I don’t like dogs. I’m afraid of ……… .
9. Where is she? I want to talk to ………. .
10. Those apples are bad. Don’t eat ……… .
Lesson six Урок 6
Management skills Навыки
Read and translate.
Effectiveness of a manager’s activity depends on certain important skills. These skills can be divided into seven different categories: conceptual, decision making, analytic, administrative, communicational, interpersonal and technical.
1. A conceptual skillis the ability of a manager to see the “general picture” of an organization. Managers must understand how their duties and the duties of other managers fit together to plan their activity in a proper way and get the required results. This skill is very important for top managers because it helps them plan “super goals” and develop proper strategies for the whole organization.
2. A decision making skillis the ability of a manager to choose the best course of actions of two or more alternatives. A manager must decide the following:
1) What objectives and goals must be reached?
2) What strategy must be implemented?
3) What resources must be used and how they must be distributed?
4) What kind of control is needed?
In short, managers are responsible for the most important decisions which are required to carry out any organizational activity.
3. An analytic skillis the ability to determine the most important problem of many other problems and identify the causes of each problem before implementing the proper action plan. This ability is especially important for top managers because they have to solve complex problems.
4. An administrative skillis the ability of a manager to keep the organizational rules specified for the production progress, within a limited budget, and coordinate the flow of information and paper work in this group and in other groups.
5. A communicational skillis the ability of a manager to share his ideas and opinions with other people both orally and in writing. This skill is a decisive factor of a manager’s success. Some investigators show that top managers and middle managers spend approximately 80% (percent) of their work time communicating with each other.
Thus, a communicational skill enables managers to hold meetings, write clear letters and explanatory notes, make reports, etc.
6. An interpersonal skill (psychological skill)is ability to deal effectively with other people both inside and outside the organization. It is the ability to understand the needs and motives of other people. This skill is very important for a good psychological atmosphere for successful activity in the common work in future. If the interpersonal relations are good, a manager will be successful in getting a support in the development and implementation of organizational plans.
7. A technical skillis a specific competence to accomplish a task. The lower is a manager’s level in the organization, the closer is his/her connection with the production process. Thus first–line managers have the closest connection with the production process. They need high technical skills to provide technical guidance for the subordinates. Top managers don’t need these skills as much as first–line managers but the knowledge of the technical sphere is useful for all managers.
Find the English equivalents for the following.
Эффективность; мастерство; мастерство принятия решений; производственный прогресс; психологическое мастерство; цель; обязанность; стратегия; концептуальное мастерство; доклад (отчет); требуемые результаты; разрабатывать соответствующие стратегии; способность; курс действий; хорошая психологическая атмосфера; отношения между людьми; осуществление организационных планов; обеспечивать техническое руководство; подчиненный; делить; согласовать(ся); выбирать; решать проблемы; достигать; осуществлять; распределять; выполнять; давать возможность; проводить (собрание).
Complete the following sentences according to the text.
Translate into English.
Lesson 7 ___ Урок 7
©2015-2020 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. (1130)
Почему 1285321 студент выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы