UNIT 5 УСЛОВНЫЕ ПРЕДЛОЖЕНИЯ
Ex. 175. Open the brackets and say each sentence three times. Use the first, the second
And the third conditionals.
E.g. If I (to see) her, I (to be) glad. 1. If I see her, I will be glad.
2. If I saw her, I would be glad.
3. If I had seen her, I would have been glad.
1. If I (to get) a ticket, I (to go) to the Philharmonic.
2. If I (to live) near the wood, I (to gather) mushrooms every day.
3. If she (to know) English, she (to try) to enter the university.
4. If my mother (to buy) a cake, we (to have) a very nice tea-party.
5. If my father (to return) early, we (to play) chess.
6. If I (to have) a computer, it (to help) me in my studies.
7. If my brother (to marry) Kate, they (to live) in their own house.
8. If my grandfather (to be) younger, we (can) go running together.
9. If my girlfriend (not to be) so capricious, we (to get) on better.
Ex. 176. Match the following parts of the sentences.
Ex. 177. Match the sentence parts.
If you lie in the sun, you’ll get sunburned._
Ex. 178. Complete the sentences with the verbs in brackets. Add a comma where
1. If the dog __keeps__ (keep) barking, the neighbours will complain.
2. The boss _______________(be) angry if you arrive late for work again.
3. If you _________________________ (eat) too much you’ll be sick.
4. If the weather is bad on Sunday we __________________(stay) at home.
5. You should see a doctor if you ____________________(not feel) well.
6. If you study hard you _______________________(pass) your exam.
7. The police will arrest the criminal if they ___________________(catch) him.
8. What will happen if they __________________(not bring) us that parcel?
9. If he __________________(clean) the window I’ll give him $10.
10 . If you put on the kettle I ___________________(make) the tea.
11. If a driver ______________(break) suddenly on a wet road, he’ll skid.
12. We’ll be late for a train if we ____________________(not start) right now.
13. I __’ll give___(give) you a present if you __pass___(pass) your exams.
14. I _______________(buy) you an ice cream if you _____________(say) please.
15. If you _________________(not be) careful you ___________________(fall).
14. Ice _.________________(turn) to water if you _________________(heat) it.
17. If he __________________(invite) me I ________________(go) to his party.
18. I’m sure they ________________(steal) your car if you ____________(leave) it unlocked.
19. I’ll look for your book and if I ______________(find) it I ____________(give) you a ring.
20. If you _____________(not like) the magazine, I ________________(bring) you another.
Oral Activity (Chain Story)
The students in two teams in turn make conditionals Type 1, as in example:
Teacher: If Paul goes home late, he’ll go to bed late.
Team A S1: If he goes to bed late, he won’t wake up early.
Team B S1: If he doesn’t wake up early, he will miss the bus.
Play this game round the class. If you make a mistake you will have to drop out.
Student 1: If I have time, I’ll go to the cinema.
Student 2: If I have time, I’ll go to the cinema and I’ll do my homework.
Student 3: If I have time, I’ll go to the cinema, I’ll do my homework and I’ll phone
Continue! If you remember more than ten things, your teacher won’t give you any homework.
Ex. 179 a) Match a question from column A with an answer from column B.
1 If you won a lot of money, would you a I’d probably just give him all my money
spend it all straightaway? and run!
2 What would you do if someone tried b No, I definitely wouldn’t – it’s too
to rob you in the street? dangerous.
3 If your car broke down on the motorway, c I think I’d probably tie something
what would you do? round it.
4 Would you know what to do if someone d I might do it if I was feeling brave!
cut their arm badly?
5 If you knew a friend of yours was stealing e I’d go and look for a telephone.
money from his company, would you tell
6 Would you feel safe walking home alone f I might tell another friend, so that we
at night in your town? could decide what to do.
7 If someone offered you a free bungee jump, g If I was hungry enough, yes!
what would you do?
8 Could you ever eat raw meat? h No. I’d invest some of it.
1 __h__ 2 _______ 3 _______ 4 _______ 5 _______ 6 _______ 7 _______ 8 _______
©2015-2020 megaobuchalka.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. (2100)
Почему 1285321 студент выбрали МегаОбучалку...
Система поиска информации
Мобильная версия сайта
Нет шокирующей рекламы